Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.ozzi)
    I got an offer for 4 A levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. How did you find doing 4 AS levels? Was it stressful or way too much work?
    What was your predicted grades
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got mine on Saturday!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for 4 A levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. How did you find doing 4 AS levels? Was it stressful or way too much work?
    What was ur predicted grades I applied to the same courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorh_)
    i got an offer! what courses did everyone apply for? i applied for english lit, french and sociology
    well done! i got an offer too and picked pretty much the same subjects as you except politics (which i might change to history) instead of french

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondionysx)
    well done! i got an offer too and picked pretty much the same subjects as you except politics (which i might change to history) instead of french
    congrats! maybe we’ll see each other in lessons haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorh_)
    i got an offer! what courses did everyone apply for? i applied for english lit, french and sociology
    I applied for english lit, psychology and sociology! I might be seeing you in a few lessons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrzz8)
    I applied for english lit, psychology and sociology! I might be seeing you in a few lessons
    totally! that’d be cool if we saw each other

ReputationRep:
    I applied for maths, chemistry and biology and am predicted 8,7,7 and got put on the waiting list. No one from my school who picked bio or chem got in guess its really oversubscribed. Anyway what were you predicted and do you have to pay a fee to reserve your place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-02)
    I applied for maths, chemistry and biology and am predicted 8,7,7 and got put on the waiting list. No one from my school who picked bio or chem got in guess its really oversubscribed. Anyway what were you predicted and do you have to pay a fee to reserve your place?
    I can’t answer the first question because I didn’t apply for those subjects, but I can answer the second. You have to pay a fee of £150 if you accept your place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrzz8)
    I can’t answer the first question because I didn’t apply for those subjects, but I can answer the second. You have to pay a fee of £150 if you accept your place.
    Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Biology, Chemistry and Sociology with a predicted grade 8 in bio and 7 in Chem. I got put on the waiting list. Does anyone know how likely you are to get place? Dont know if I should be getting my hopes up or pretty much accept I wont be going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellaprice)
    I applied for Biology, Chemistry and Sociology with a predicted grade 8 in bio and 7 in Chem. I got put on the waiting list. Does anyone know how likely you are to get place? Dont know if I should be getting my hopes up or pretty much accept I wont be going?
    I also have the same questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellaprice)
    This is how I understand it: more places are offered than can be provided every year because they know a number of people won’t meet the entry requirements. After they have a list of everyone who did, if there are any spare places in any subjects, they go to students on the waiting list to fill those spaces. So I guess it depends on how many people don’t meet entry requirements for your courses or decide not to go. The website says: “This varies from year to year and often depends on which subjects are wanted. It is not possible to put any sort of figure on this. The more flexible you are about your subject choices, the more likely it is that we can fit you in.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldstarfish101)
    So am I wass yo name baby girl
    Just wondering what does the sixth form ask your secondary school for in terms of the reference

ReputationRep:
    I was put on the waiting list for doing biology,chemistry and sociology. T oday i was offered a conditional place with an average of a 6 and at least one 7 in science. My predictions are pretty much 7-9 and i live around 45 mins away. Good Luck to anyone else on the waiting list!

ReputationRep:
    Guess who just applied to Woodhouse 😂😂😂 Im gonna do English Lit, History and Politics

ReputationRep:
    I applied for French, history, english lang, and classics. I want to change classics to chemistry but I feel like it would be a lot of extra work and not very useful because I want to do a modern languages degree.

ReputationRep:
    Thats right, chemistry will be really unrelated to a language degree and will be harder to get a good grade in

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just got an offer for English Language, History and Politics at Woodhouse Does anyone know if there's like lots of shops and stuff nearby and if students are allowed out for lunch?

ReputationRep:
    I actually asked some of the students who go there this, and they said there is like a shopping mall nearby. However it takes 20 mins to go there and 20 mins to come back, longer if there is traffic or the bus is delayed so its not really practical, and yes students are allowed out for lunch as far as im aware. Hope that helped

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.