Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In October this year, I'm hoping to apply to Oxford for PPE. However, I don't do A Level Maths and am required to successfully complete a thinking skills assessment to get an interview and i'm extremely worried about it. Should I be preparing now ? Has anybody who has done this got any tips or advice?

ReputationRep:
    I have done the TSA last year and got an offer for PPE afterwards. You don't need to worry about the test, it does not require any particular skills that you'd learn in A-Levels Maths and you definitely do not need to (and even shouldn't) prepare for it now. Past papers available at TSA website are more than enough and I would advise taking them no sooner than a month before the test date and preferably even later as there are not too many of them.

Good luck and do not worry, just focus on your grades and developing your interest for PPE subjects now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeXT2530)
    I have done the TSA last year and got an offer for PPE afterwards. You don't need to worry about the test, it does not require any particular skills that you'd learn in A-Levels Maths and you definitely do not need to (and even shouldn't) prepare for it now. Past papers available at TSA website are more than enough and I would advise taking them no sooner than a month before the test date and preferably even later as there are not too many of them.

Good luck and do not worry, just focus on your grades and developing your interest for PPE subjects now.
    This was very helpful, thank you.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.