Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I first applied to study Computer Science with Management in KCL, but was rejected (in getting to study this major) because my application "is not as strong as other applicants", but I still got an offer from the university (conditional offer) in Electronic Engineering BEng. To be honest, I was hoping to get an offer (although conditional for now) in studying Computer Science and not Electronic engineering. Any ideas or help on what I should do???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wassim2u)
    I first applied to study Computer Science with Management in KCL, but was rejected (in getting to study this major) because my application "is not as strong as other applicants", but I still got an offer from the university (conditional offer) in Electronic Engineering BEng. To be honest, I was hoping to get an offer (although conditional for now) in studying Computer Science and not Electronic engineering. Any ideas or help on what I should do???
    If you want to study Computer Science go to another university. Simple.

King's have been offering alternative courses a lot this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well all there is to do is to decide whether you'd rather study what you love at a different uni, or go to KCL to study something you don't particularly want to do... to me it seems like an easy decision - study computer science at a different university. But who am I, a random person on the internet, to tell you to do so if KCL is your dream uni?

ReputationRep:
    It's more like I was willing to study in London, but so far it seems unlikely that I will go to London. I will send them an email to re-evaluate their decision if possible. Is there any chance they would reconsider their decision?

ReputationRep:
    I don’t have direct experience of this situation with a university, but I’ve found that most bodies are more careful about rejecting appeals than they are when doing initial screening. Follow their appeal or complaints process and maybe you will be luckier. This should be covered by the equalities act, so I think they will at least have to explain exactly how your application was not as strong as others.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Since when did computer science become popular? Aware me.

ReputationRep:
    Can’t you start by studying Electronic engineering for the first year and take courses from Computer science. Then you can change to Computer science for the second year. At least in Scotland it is possible.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnToScotland)
    Can’t you start by studying Electronic engineering for the first year and take courses from Computer science. Then you can change to Computer science for the second year. At least in Scotland it is possible.
    It's different in England.

ReputationRep:
    ??
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    Since when did computer science become popular? Aware me.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.