Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi first time poster and first time student. I have just received an offer for a part time BA in Business and HR management. I will be a mature student, working full time with two kids under 8. Any one else been in this situation?

I am really excited to start the programme but terrified at the same time, experiences welcome!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Smounsey)
    Hi first time poster and first time student. I have just received an offer for a part time BA in Business and HR management. I will be a mature student, working full time with two kids under 8. Any one else been in this situation?

I am really excited to start the programme but terrified at the same time, experiences welcome!
    Yes you can but you need to be super organised and determined. treat your studies like your third child (twins at exam time). Discuss with your partner and get the practical side i.e childcare and finance sorted.

Also not going to do any harm if you revisit study skills.

Organisation and keeping everyone happy (including you) is the key.
    Worry less.
    Second hand copy good study guide and start reading the business sections.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Study-.../dp/0749259744

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smounsey)

Is it an evening/distance course? Will you be able to attend the lectures/seminars.

It's doable for sure. You'll probably find you're catching up in holidays if you're anything like me.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.