Turn on thread page Beta

Hey does anyone know what tenses in French you need to know to get a Grade 9 watch

ReputationRep:
    I know that it includes:
    Past Tense
    Imperfect Tense
    Perfect Tense
    Future Conditional
    Future Tense

Please let me know if I have forgotten any!

ReputationRep:
    pluperfect tense
    subjunctive moods
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarnat)
    I know that it includes:
    Past Tense
    Imperfect Tense
    Perfect Tense
    Future Conditional
    Future Tense

Hi! Using all of those tenses is fine, and you should do well if you can write in them with correct grammar. Consider using the Subjunctive Mood in the present tense, as well as the Imperative Mood (possibly in the speaking) to improve your grade.

Other things you can do to improve is use direct, indirect, and demonstrative pronouns, as well as 'Y' and 'EN'. https://www.frenchtoday.com/blog/how...n-en-in-french

But overall if you use the tenses you've already listed you should be fine. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarnat)
    I know that it includes:
    Past Tense
    Imperfect Tense
    Perfect Tense
    Future Conditional
    Future Tense

I'm not sure what you mean with three past tenses: can you please explain what you mean with "Past Tense"? The way it's listed it looks like it's a different tense from the "Imperfect Tense" and "Perfect Tense" but that might just be the layout of your post.

For GCSE you need to know the Imperfect (eg je regardais) and the Perfect, also known as the passé composé (eg j'ai regardé) as well as the Present, the Future (both forms: aller + infinitive - je vais regarder - and the simple future, eg: je regarderai). and the Conditional of common verbs used in that mood (basically vouloir and aimer). You also need to be able to use the Imperative (eg: regardez! regardons! regarde!) and the present participle (en regardant), as well as the infinitive, of course.

You need to recognise and understand the Pluperfect (j'avais regardé = I had seen) and the Passive Voice in the present tense (La fête est organisée par l'école).

And as far as I know after over 30 years' teaching French, there is no such thing as the "Future conditional"...

Make sure you know all the tenses on the specification before you start learning things like the subjunctive!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.