Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied to SFE in November, my course started in January this year.

Cutting a long story short, they now have all my evidence.

Each time I phone for an update I am told my application has been sent to another department who deal with dependant children and is awaiting validation.

The advisors that I have spoken to all say to check my online SFE account on a certain day for an update regarding payment etc.

So far I have been told 28th Feb, 1st March, 2nd March and today 5th March! Does anyone know what is going on I am really struggling now without a payment in sight. I'm almost at my wits end. I had an emergency loan from my university which is due to be repaid when the loan comes through and that's about to run out this week when I buy food.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by brumagen)
    Hi,

I applied to SFE in November, my course started in January this year.

Cutting a long story short, they now have all my evidence.

Each time I phone for an update I am told my application has been sent to another department who deal with dependant children and is awaiting validation.

The advisors that I have spoken to all say to check my online SFE account on a certain day for an update regarding payment etc.

So far I have been told 28th Feb, 1st March, 2nd March and today 5th March! Does anyone know what is going on I am really struggling now without a payment in sight. I'm almost at my wits end. I had an emergency loan from my university which is due to be repaid when the loan comes through and that's about to run out this week when I buy food.
    Hi brumagen,

What evidence have you recently sent in? when did you send this evidence?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi brumagen,

What evidence have you recently sent in? when did you send this evidence?

Thanks

Catherine
    In all i've had to send in my birth certificate with the declaration form from myself and a with it a form from my countersignatory and all pages from my most recent tax credit award.

That's it, that's all i've been asked for and i've been told you have all my evidence. The birth certificate form was received by yourselves on 16th Feb as I had forgotten to include it when I sent my birth cert to you earlier in the month.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    In all i've had to send in my birth certificate with the declaration form from myself and a with it a form from my countersignatory and all pages from my most recent tax credit award.

That's it, that's all i've been asked for and i've been told you have all my evidence. The birth certificate form was received by yourselves on 16th Feb as I had forgotten to include it when I sent my birth cert to you earlier in the month.
    Hi brumagen,

Are you applying for Grants for Dependents?

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hi brumagen,

Are you applying for Grants for Dependents?

Thanks

Catherine
    Yes, I've got two children i'm claiming for. My tax credits award was sent to yourselves ages ago.

My reference number is 79100295871, you will see what I mean when I say everytime I phone up the advisors say that there is a timescale that SFE have to work to, but that timescale keeps moving and I don't know why.

I get my hopes up that a payment is in sight and then am told the date has moved again.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Yes, I've got two children i'm claiming for. My tax credits award was sent to yourselves ages ago.

My reference number is 79100295871, you will see what I mean when I say everytime I phone up the advisors say that there is a timescale that SFE have to work to, but that timescale keeps moving and I don't know why.

I get my hopes up that a payment is in sight and then am told the date has moved again.
    Hi brumagen,

Have you also sent in your child's birth certificates?

We can't access your account on The Student Room if you want someone to access your account, you can speak to one of our helpful advisors on Facebook or Twitter who can access your account.

https://twitter.com/SF_England

https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hi brumagen,

Have you also sent in your child's birth certificates?

We can't access your account on The Student Room if you want someone to access your account, you can speak to one of our helpful advisors on Facebook or Twitter who can access your account.

https://twitter.com/SF_England

https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/

Thanks

Catherine
    Yes you've had them you've had everything, I'm losing the will to live, I gave up a full time job on good money to go to uni and better my prospects and now I'm questioning my decision.

What does "its awaiting validation" mean? I get told this each time I phone
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Yes you've had them you've had everything, I'm losing the will to live, I gave up a full time job on good money to go to uni and better my prospects and now I'm questioning my decision.

What does "its awaiting validation" mean? I get told this each time I phone
    Hi brumagen,

Awaiting validation means that your application and evidence is still waiting to be processed by the relevant department.

Thanks

Catherine

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.