The Student Room Group

Sex

So sometimes when I'm having sex with my boyfriend it can hurt, certain positions make it worse too. For example if I'm on top or missionary with my legs up. Has anyone had the same experience, and what did they do about it? There will sometimes with a tiny bit of blood when I wipe but it's only ever a little spot. Also how can I talk about this to my boyfriends so he understands?
Different positions affect the depth that can be achieved. Typically, the more your thighs are at an angle to your body, the deeper he can go - hence having your legs up in missionary makes a difference compared to having your legs flat.

It sounds like your cervix is being biffed and this can lead to a spot or two of blood.

'You're too big to use that position' is one way... and being careful about the depth and vigour of movement while you're on top is another.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So sometimes when I'm having sex with my boyfriend it can hurt, certain positions make it worse too. For example if I'm on top or missionary with my legs up. Has anyone had the same experience, and what did they do about it? There will sometimes with a tiny bit of blood when I wipe but it's only ever a little spot. Also how can I talk about this to my boyfriends so he understands?

Different positions means that he can go deeper. The pain is most likely him hitting the cervix which can also make you have a bit of spotting. As other person has explained.

Just tell him that you think he may be too big for you in certain positions as it hurts you and that you would prefer doing it in certain other positions. A good boyfriend should be totally fine with it and even be worried that he's been hurting you. So just talk, simple as that.
Reply 3
Thank you both for the replies x

Quick Reply

Latest