Turn on thread page Beta

Are workbooks for AS Geography any good? watch

ReputationRep:
    For AS level Geography due to the lack of exam questions and me only having two specimen papers and last year's paper I wanted to buy a workbook, it is a workbook by Hodder Education for AS level Edexcel Geography, anyone who has it how good is it? Are the questions actually good or are they those ones that are just **** easy to do worth only 2-5 marks?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The RAR)
    For AS level Geography due to the lack of exam questions and me only having two specimen papers and last year's paper I wanted to buy a workbook, it is a workbook by Hodder Education for AS level Edexcel Geography, anyone who has it how good is it? Are the questions actually good or are they those ones that are just **** easy to do worth only 2-5 marks?
    I hope you're doing OCR because Hodder tend to be associated with them.

Honestly, it depends what you do with it. Some people buy these things and barely use them, others use them as part of their revision and it works really well. Others use them religiously, run out of time and don't do brilliantly.

If there are repeated questions from the specimen papers into last years papers then they're already starting to run out of ideas. Have a look at the old (legacy) qualification as well to see how similar the questions actually are. The spec might not have changed a great deal and so the content could be fairly transferable to have a crack at the old papers.

Thread moved to Geography and earth sciences study help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I hope you're doing OCR because Hodder tend to be associated with them.

Honestly, it depends what you do with it. Some people buy these things and barely use them, others use them as part of their revision and it works really well. Others use them religiously, run out of time and don't do brilliantly.

If there are repeated questions from the specimen papers into last years papers then they're already starting to run out of ideas. Have a look at the old (legacy) qualification as well to see how similar the questions actually are. The spec might not have changed a great deal and so the content could be fairly transferable to have a crack at the old papers.

Thread moved to Geography and earth sciences study help.
    I am doing Edexcel unfortunately and the spec has changed a lot for past papers to be useful anymore sadly, I am doing 4 topics and the past papers are only useful for just one of the topics. Yes I have looked at the specimen papers and these greedy examiners just keep on coming up with more and more **** questions, basically quite different from the specimen papers. The textbook questions are really good but I am so annoyed as to there are no answers or any kind of mark scheme guidance to help you answer the questions.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The RAR)
    I am doing Edexcel unfortunately and the spec has changed a lot for past papers to be useful anymore sadly, I am doing 4 topics and the past papers are only useful for just one of the topics. Yes I have looked at the specimen papers and these greedy examiners just keep on coming up with more and more **** questions, basically quite different from the specimen papers. The textbook questions are really good but I am so annoyed as to there are no answers or any kind of mark scheme guidance to help you answer the questions.
    Textbook?

Does it look something like this:
    http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleg...nd-hazards.pdf

?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.