Are workbooks for AS Geography any good?

Watch this thread
The RAR
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For AS level Geography due to the lack of exam questions and me only having two specimen papers and last year's paper I wanted to buy a workbook, it is a workbook by Hodder Education for AS level Edexcel Geography, anyone who has it how good is it? Are the questions actually good or are they those ones that are just **** easy to do worth only 2-5 marks?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
For AS level Geography due to the lack of exam questions and me only having two specimen papers and last year's paper I wanted to buy a workbook, it is a workbook by Hodder Education for AS level Edexcel Geography, anyone who has it how good is it? Are the questions actually good or are they those ones that are just **** easy to do worth only 2-5 marks?
I hope you're doing OCR because Hodder tend to be associated with them.

Honestly, it depends what you do with it. Some people buy these things and barely use them, others use them as part of their revision and it works really well. Others use them religiously, run out of time and don't do brilliantly.

If there are repeated questions from the specimen papers into last years papers then they're already starting to run out of ideas. Have a look at the old (legacy) qualification as well to see how similar the questions actually are. The spec might not have changed a great deal and so the content could be fairly transferable to have a crack at the old papers.

Thread moved to Geography and earth sciences study help.
The RAR
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I hope you're doing OCR because Hodder tend to be associated with them.

Honestly, it depends what you do with it. Some people buy these things and barely use them, others use them as part of their revision and it works really well. Others use them religiously, run out of time and don't do brilliantly.

If there are repeated questions from the specimen papers into last years papers then they're already starting to run out of ideas. Have a look at the old (legacy) qualification as well to see how similar the questions actually are. The spec might not have changed a great deal and so the content could be fairly transferable to have a crack at the old papers.

Thread moved to Geography and earth sciences study help.
I am doing Edexcel unfortunately and the spec has changed a lot for past papers to be useful anymore sadly, I am doing 4 topics and the past papers are only useful for just one of the topics. Yes I have looked at the specimen papers and these greedy examiners just keep on coming up with more and more **** questions, basically quite different from the specimen papers. The textbook questions are really good but I am so annoyed as to there are no answers or any kind of mark scheme guidance to help you answer the questions.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
I am doing Edexcel unfortunately and the spec has changed a lot for past papers to be useful anymore sadly, I am doing 4 topics and the past papers are only useful for just one of the topics. Yes I have looked at the specimen papers and these greedy examiners just keep on coming up with more and more **** questions, basically quite different from the specimen papers. The textbook questions are really good but I am so annoyed as to there are no answers or any kind of mark scheme guidance to help you answer the questions.
Textbook?

Does it look something like this:
http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleg...nd-hazards.pdf

?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads