Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi aha this is my first time writing anything on an online forum(!) anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling like everything ones is saying now is the time to start revision but you can actually bring yourself to? I know there are loads of techniques and stuff but my main problem is actually deciding where to start! I also have an awful cold/ flu and I'm so scared that I haven't started yet because I'm very ill and unmotivated. Has anyone got any tips or anything that I might now have read somewhere already? Thanks a lot, A Xx

ReputationRep:
    Setup a revision timetable, and set rewards for each 'session' of revision you do. Should motivate you! As for techniques, try using flash cards, mind maps, etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AoifeRose)
    Hi aha this is my first time writing anything on an online forum(!) anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling like everything ones is saying now is the time to start revision but you can actually bring yourself to? I know there are loads of techniques and stuff but my main problem is actually deciding where to start! I also have an awful cold/ flu and I'm so scared that I haven't started yet because I'm very ill and unmotivated. Has anyone got any tips or anything that I might now have read somewhere already? Thanks a lot, A Xx
    Hey, this is my first time on an online forum too! & This sounds EXACTLY like the position i'm in at the minute. ATM I am desperately seeking help for revision techniques on the internet ugh. I'm suffering the end of a cold and I have never felt so unmotivated to revise. Mocks have just begun and my GCSEs are approaching and I am absolutely freaking out with having not started revising. I have just been trying to motivate myself by looking for new ways of revising etc and I found this video https://youtu.be/E3kXnkZAcLg she left a link to her own revision timeplan thing and I found it quite useful and I have decided to use it to create my own. Hope this helps you too xx

ReputationRep:
    Just wait till you get to A levels man, the stress here is real as ****! But with the new GCSEs I am not sure which one is actually more stressful.

ReputationRep:
    I use the app Forest to get the time in. I often procrastinate trying to organise notes and timetables but I think it's worth just starting, at least until you are feeling less stressed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luhelp)
    Hey, this is my first time on an online forum too! & This sounds EXACTLY like the position i'm in at the minute. ATM I am desperately seeking help for revision techniques on the internet ugh. I'm suffering the end of a cold and I have never felt so unmotivated to revise. Mocks have just begun and my GCSEs are approaching and I am absolutely freaking out with having not started revising. I have just been trying to motivate myself by looking for new ways of revising etc and I found this video https://youtu.be/E3kXnkZAcLg she left a link to her own revision timeplan thing and I found it quite useful and I have decided to use it to create my own. Hope this helps you too xx
    Ahh thank you so much! I've just finished my mocks luckily but good luck with yours! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-Pikesley)
    Setup a revision timetable, and set rewards for each 'session' of revision you do. Should motivate you! As for techniques, try using flash cards, mind maps, etc.
    Thank you!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.