Turn on thread page Beta

What do you like in a person? (friendship or relationship) watch

ReputationRep:
    I am well aware similar threads exist, I just wanted to make my own

Just a thought which passed through my mind - what do I like about people?

The most important thing for me is humour. Without it, there is no point in a conversation for me. Also, from a relationship standpoint, looks are fairly important, although they are far from the top of my list if you can make a decent joke.

Id love to hear what you like in a person in either context, and throw in some mentions for those on TSR who fit the description
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    A heartbeat.

ReputationRep:
    A heart

Nice eyes

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the same goes for a relationship and a friendship, except that in a relationship I'd have to find them both physically and sexually attractive.

A good sense of humour that fits in with mine, kindness, being relatively open minded, easygoing, ambition.

Actual love. And commitment.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Friends - someone who's chatty. I find it hard to begin conversations that don't just dry out, so having someone who does that first will then get me to open up too. Someone with a sense of humour, preferably more of an introvert and who shares the same kind of thoughts as me.

Relationship - sense of humour is a must, then attraction too. They need to be trustworthy and someone who gets me out of my comfort zone a little bit, encourages me to do new things.

ReputationRep:
    The same stupid sense of humour as me. I make so many stupid jokes throughout the day and having someone who would actually laugh at them with me would be absolutely fantastic.

For friendships definitely someone with a sense of humor, positive, outgoing, adventurous, honest and are good listeners and can give good reasonable advice

For relationships, well someone who is honest, trustworthy, great sense of humor, dirty, kind but not a doormat, strong, a great listener, positive thinking, motivated, adventurous, sensual and romantic, and just a great person overall.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.