Turn on thread page Beta

Can I do my Foundation course from home? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I’ve been doing a Foundation course in graphic design since September and for several months, I’ve been living in uni halls which has been an awful experience for me. Loss of focus and sleep and just generally a miserable time.

As we’re nearing the end of the course, we have a final major project to do which is mostly completely independent work (as in we don’t have any teaching going on). I am certain that I will not produce good work if I continue living in these halls and I’ve come up with an idea that could work, I’m just worried my tutor will find it ridiculous so I need advice.

I’d like to ask my tutor if I can fly home and work from home for the rest of the project (updating my course blog with all the work I’m doing, as well as keeping him informed on how I’m progressing), occasionally coming back for important dates such as hand-ins and such. Home is where I’d make good work, be productive and be the most comfortable.

Is that an absurd idea or would it work?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by unistudent99)
    Hey guys,

I’ve been doing a Foundation course in graphic design since September and for several months, I’ve been living in uni halls which has been an awful experience for me. Loss of focus and sleep and just generally a miserable time.

As we’re nearing the end of the course, we have a final major project to do which is mostly completely independent work (as in we don’t have any teaching going on). I am certain that I will not produce good work if I continue living in these halls and I’ve come up with an idea that could work, I’m just worried my tutor will find it ridiculous so I need advice.

I’d like to ask my tutor if I can fly home and work from home for the rest of the project (updating my course blog with all the work I’m doing, as well as keeping him informed on how I’m progressing), occasionally coming back for important dates such as hand-ins and such. Home is where I’d make good work, be productive and be the most comfortable.

Is that an absurd idea or would it work?

Thanks
    If you arent missing lessons then they wont care where you study.

If you have the money to fly home then up to you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.