Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling pressured to lose my virginity. Help me!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m 16 in mid September and most of my mates have lost their virginity at 14/15ish and some of them put me on the spot about what age I will adventually lose my virginity. Should I feel down about them putting me on the spot about losing it ?

ReputationRep:
    bruv allow it go back to gcses child

ReputationRep:
    It’ll happen when it happens... it’s not something you can put a date on. Concentrate on your GCSEs
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily&)
    I’m 16 in mid September and most of my mates have lost their virginity at 14/15ish and some of them put me on the spot about what age I will adventually lose my virginity. Should I feel down about them putting me on the spot about losing it ?
    I'm 18 and a virgin. Chill girl, its not a race

ReputationRep:
    Thanks every1 n getmeoffmyphone I don’t think it’s a race but u have still got a point

ReputationRep:
    WHAT!! NO! Don't feel down. I am 18 and have not lost my virginity and I don't give a toss. I don't understand how people care so much about a thing! I would rather lose it with someone I love instead of a one night stand to get some reputation from my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks monkeyman0121 suppose it’ll happen 1 day anyways

ReputationRep:
    most of my mates have lost their virginity at 14/15ish
    Technically, they were breaking the law.

Also, it's been more than half an hour, why has no-one volunteered yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Technically, they were breaking the law.

Also, it's been more than half an hour, why has no-one volunteered yet?
    Can I ask how they are breaking the law? I am curious? Is it something to do with them being under 16 so not being able to consent to sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Can I ask how they are breaking the law? I am curious? Is it something to do with them being under 16 so not being able to consent to sex?
    Spot on.

Two under-sixteen year-olds having sex IS breaking the law, but it is rarely punished.

ReputationRep:
    Spot on.

Two under-sixteen year-olds having sex IS breaking the law, but it is rarely punished.
    I don't really understand that law much if one was over 16 then obviously it would make much more sense but two people of the same age I feel should be able to. (Once your body goes through puberty you start getting urges and being curious, I think this is the main reason why people under 16 do it.)

One question, Why can't they consent? (under 16-year-olds.)

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand that law much if one was over 16 then obviously it would make much more sense but two people of the same age I feel should be able to. (Once your body goes through puberty you start getting urges and being curious, I think this is the main reason why people under 16 do it.)

One question, Why can't they consent? (under 16-year-olds.)
    Aha, but what about when someone thinks their body is going through changes and they decide to give in to their urges and chooses to do it with a much older person. Did the older person coerce the younger?

Why can't they consent? It has to be an age thing. And the age has to be at some value or other.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, but what about when someone thinks their body is going through changes and they decide to give in to their urges and chooses to do it with a much older person. Did the older person coerce the younger?

Why can't they consent? It has to be an age thing. And the age has to be at some value or other.
    This is the thing. Why is there not a law or something where under 16's or so can consent to do it with someone under 16 also? (within a year or so of age. No one over 16!) This means you aren't able to consent to someone much older.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I lost mine a few months before I turned 19. Honestly you're fine, you shouldn't even be thinking about it really. Concentrate on exams.

ReputationRep:
    This is the thing. Why is there not a law or something where under 16's or so can consent to do it with someone under 16 also? (within a year or so of age. No one over 16!) This means you aren't able to consent to someone much older.
    Essentially, what you describe is how it is enforced (probably).

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, what you describe is how it is enforced (probably).
    Yeah I have noticed there aren't many people being punished for it when they are young but many people are if they are over 16.

ReputationRep:
    No. They want you on the same wavelength - that's how they obtain social proof of the relationship - so you must remember to divert the conversation or speak empathetically if they insist on said topic. Don't stoop to their impulsive and thoughtless level.

Think for yourself. Don't be sheep. Don't let other people govern your emotions.

By the way, they say you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Pick your friends wisely, but don't be a backstabber.

ReputationRep:
    I guess one of the reasons could be to make sure that pregnancy cannot occur when someone is too young and yes young pregnancy does happen, but that is usually with people at least sort of 15+, younger than this could be quite dangerous and so if there was a law that people under 16 can have sex with people also under 16, it increases that chances that this could happen

ReputationRep:
    chill pal... it's not a competition.. focus on your priorities

ReputationRep:
    just ignore them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.