Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At gcse I achieved 1a*,2a,5b,1c,1d. I’m currently in year 12 and have made good progress-in my January mocks I achieved ABC. At the end of year 13 i’m aiming for a*aa. LSE’s typical offer for IR is AAA. I know that even people with fantastic grades have been rejected from LSE. Has anyone ever been accepted for IR at lse with poor gcse grades, but excellent a level results. Do you think it’s a waste of time to apply even if I het high predicted grades, (as an automatic rejection would waste one of my 5 options)? I want to know what you guys think realistically about whether I should not bother or if I should just apply to one I could realistically get into.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Salx.x)
    At gcse I achieved 1a*,2a,5b,1c,1d. I’m currently in year 12 and have made good progress-in my January mocks I achieved ABC. At the end of year 13 i’m aiming for a*aa. LSE’s typical offer for IR is AAA. I know that even people with fantastic grades have been rejected from LSE. Has anyone ever been accepted for IR at lse with poor gcse grades, but excellent a level results. Do you think it’s a waste of time to apply even if I het high predicted grades, (as an automatic rejection would waste one of my 5 options)? I want to know what you guys think realistically about whether I should not bother or if I should just apply to one I could realistically get into.
    Make an informal enquiry and read the entrance criteria carefully. AAA will only meet their minimum, so its important you have a stellar application, reference and extra currics. If the informal says no then dont.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.