Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My life is becoming further and further away every day. Each day is like a dagger to my stomach, each one just digging a deeper hole. When I go to sleep at night I wish for anything not to wake up.
    I wake up, go to school and go to sleep. Every day feels the same with the same routine, the same people, the same anxieties and thoughts. I’m starting to think that I’m not actually alive but just living in a nightmare that I can’t escape from. Nothing eases my pain and I can’t describe in depth how I’m feeling without being locked in up in some psychiatric ward.
    I’m trapped in my own messed up mind and have to deal with it for 16 hours a day. Why don’t you do this, why are you so worthless, why do you do nothing or make something of yourself, why do you have depression you disappointment. These questions are all I ever think and I don’t think of anything else at all. Even when I’m asleep( the one time I should have peace from my mind)I have to deal with night terrors and anxieties in my sleep. Why can’t life just seriously give me a break from this ****.
    I have no one to talk to, to hang out with, to depend on, to cry to so seriously what’s the point anymore?
    Anyone else feel the same way?

ReputationRep:
    Hey and yes. I have been feeling this way for the past few days but I know it's going to be alright. Everyone has their own way of coping - for me I find a distraction.

Have you been to the doctors? It feels a little more easier when you know that you have help.

Perhaps try mindfulness or meditation? Mindfulness will teach you how to deal and control your mind and its thoughts. Meditation gives you time to just focus on yourself and zone out.

Please try going to a counsellor and please seek medical help if you are not doing so at the moment. If you are over 16 you are able to go to the doctors yourself, if not please please talk to someone.

I promise you're not alone, I understand what you're going through and it will get better. I've been this way since I was 12 and I'm still here so please take it from me. It will get better.

Sending lots of love towards you:heart:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could help any way I could. Maybe you should speak to your tutor (if ur at school) or your GP they'll direct you to the best people. Talking to someone and spilling all ur emotions helps a lot for many people or just having that a person who can listen. The Samaritans is a good helpline. You got loads of people here, including me if u wish to PM anytime.

Seriously I'm sure you're a great person with great potential, have faith in yourself. I'll pray for everything to be easier for you Inshallah.

I find praying to Allah helps a lot for me personally. Just sit there and raise your hands after I have this great peace feeling inside, dunno again alhamdulillah it works for me- but if you ever need someone for help I'm more than happy to help any way I can
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    hey, I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. I have felt similarly in the past and it sucks, to put it bluntly. The commenter above is absolutely right, please go to a doctor if you can. doctors can help talk you through your feelings and pinpoint what exactly is causing it and what needs to change. Stay strong OP, its not easy but you can get through this. I may not know you, but I'm sure you have the strength in you, we all do but when we are feeling very low, its hard to recognize that its still there. See every day you get through as progress. Even the most mundane of things count as big steps. You've got to hang in there and stay strong OP, you can do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusion80000)
    My life is becoming further and further away every day. Each day is like a dagger to my stomach, each one just digging a deeper hole. When I go to sleep at night I wish for anything not to wake up.
    I wake up, go to school and go to sleep. Every day feels the same with the same routine, the same people, the same anxieties and thoughts. I’m starting to think that I’m not actually alive but just living in a nightmare that I can’t escape from. Nothing eases my pain and I can’t describe in depth how I’m feeling without being locked in up in some psychiatric ward.
    I’m trapped in my own messed up mind and have to deal with it for 16 hours a day. Why don’t you do this, why are you so worthless, why do you do nothing or make something of yourself, why do you have depression you disappointment. These questions are all I ever think and I don’t think of anything else at all. Even when I’m asleep( the one time I should have peace from my mind)I have to deal with night terrors and anxieties in my sleep. Why can’t life just seriously give me a break from this ****.
    I have no one to talk to, to hang out with, to depend on, to cry to so seriously what’s the point anymore?
    Anyone else feel the same way?
    First of all, thanks so much for asking for help! This can take guts and willingness that some people don't even have.

Your heart already knows what you should do. You make your habits and they make you. Always focus on the long-term. With that, here's some practical tips.

Try pattern interrupt to break those 'same routines'. This will re-engineer your sub-conscious mind.
    • Brush your teeth with your dominant hand? Try the other.
    • Go to sleep knowing you have shelter? Volunteer to help others. Gratitude journal. Journal for fun and orderliness. Journaling is superb for achieving clarity - it's like a funnel for your emotions.
    • Have an erratic morning? Try a morning routine. Here's mine as of now (I supplemented it with some extra notes.)
    • Watched YouTube or played games or listened to music too much recently? Do none of those for a week (much harder than it sounds.)

'Same people?' Pattern interrupt. Go to events, clubs, youth clubs, a new class - try to meet more and more people wherever you go.

'Same anxieties?' This one is mostly on you and your mindset. Be more open, always listen attentively before speaking, be aware of when you're anxious or nervous, take more part in school e.g. ask a question EVERY LESSON - here's the important part; when you feel something bad - pattern interrupt e.g. quickly focus on object, or breathe deeply, or do a little dance - all of this is to get out of your head. Take on new challenges, take risks, say 'yes,' watch Jordan Peterson on YouTube and actively implement better habits.
    Attached Images

Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Morning Routine.docx (14.3 KB, 10 views)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.