Turn on thread page Beta

No tuition fees - can i appeal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know if anyone has been in my situation and if you have, how did you handle it.
    I am in the final year of my course, Pharmacy, and i had a change of event at the end of my 3rd year, as my residency as an EU student changed. I was due to receive a Permanent Residence but did not get this residency status till after 3 months into the academic, December.
    Student finance now claims i am not eligible for tuition fee and can only receive maintenance loan for term 2 and 3 and at this point I am receiving withdrawal emails from my university.
    I am hoping to appeal this decision but wanted any advice if anyone has been in this position before.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Love Jones)
    I just wanted to know if anyone has been in my situation and if you have, how did you handle it.
    I am in the final year of my course, Pharmacy, and i had a change of event at the end of my 3rd year, as my residency as an EU student changed. I was due to receive a Permanent Residence but did not get this residency status till after 3 months into the academic, December.
    Student finance now claims i am not eligible for tuition fee and can only receive maintenance loan for term 2 and 3 and at this point I am receiving withdrawal emails from my university.
    I am hoping to appeal this decision but wanted any advice if anyone has been in this position before.
    If your uni has a student law clinic then take it there.
    Not entirely clear what has happened. You should get a full explanation as to why they rejected you. The way you are presenting it, then its something to do with being a permanent resident or not? Its not clear t me from your post.

You can also take it to a student advisor, but you need to write down a full explanation plus take along any documents.

Its important whoever is giving advice knows the full situation and reasons. It is just unclear to me at the moment.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.