Turn on thread page Beta

Further Maths help watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently doing single maths (the new linear one for edexcel) but I want to do further math.My college is essentially saying I can't with them this late one. So I was wondering if I could sit the single A-level with them at the end of 2019 but enter as a private student for further maths at the end of 2019 thereby giving me maths and further maths. I'm taking a gap year anyway so the issue of predicted grades wont really come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vjindijds)
    Hi,
    I'm currently doing single maths (the new linear one for edexcel) but I want to do further math.My college is essentially saying I can't with them this late one. So I was wondering if I could sit the single A-level with them at the end of 2019 but enter as a private student for further maths at the end of 2019 thereby giving me maths and further maths. I'm taking a gap year anyway so the issue of predicted grades wont really come up.

Hey man, considering you want to take a gap year, from my perspective you should complete the whole Single Maths course but take the first year of Further maths alongside it, then during your gap year, you can complete the whole 'A Level Course' for further maths.

Not sure if your college will let you do this, but its worth a try.

Hope this helped you out

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.