The Student Room Group

How do unis look at past schooling?

My primary school was bad.
My secondary school was awful.
And my sixth form (same as secondary) is quite bad too.

How will unis look at this? Unfortunately I only got A*A*AAABBBCCC at GCSE.
Are you crackers? you've got 2 A*s, 3 As, 3Bs and 3 Cs.
That's 11 GCSEs in A*-C
Not my definition of awful. If you're serious, then despite your grades, you are a moron. Knuckle down with whatever you're doing at sixth form, and grow some perspective.
Reply 2
Original post by Squaglefish
Are you crackers? you've got 2 A*s, 3 As, 3Bs and 3 Cs.
That's 11 GCSEs in A*-C
Not my definition of awful. If you're serious, then despite your grades, you are a moron. Knuckle down with whatever you're doing at sixth form, and grow some perspective.

Thanks for the encouragement.. I was hoping to get better grades but I guess they are OK. I'm trying harder now.
Reply 3
Original post by Traore

Even you have really good grades, some unis might look at your sixth form and lower your offer because it’s a low performing college.
Reply 4
Original post by Traore

Check some university websites - they have lists of schools considered low achieving and may give lower offers. Some have partnership arrangements with schools in their regions.

For example, here is a link to Bristols contextual offers for aspiring colleges:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/

As a quick translation: contextual offer = lower offer, aspiring colleges = don't get good grades.

Well worth doing some research.

What degrees/ universities are you thinking about?

Quick Reply

Latest