Turn on thread page Beta

girls with belly watch

ReputationRep:
    at least we can belly dance
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i mean if you liked her then her body wouldnt be a problem, but you have to be somewhat attracted to her to like her, so idk

if its a turn off you, then it is, no matter how shallow it sounds :lol: Guys used to be like that to me a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    at least we can belly dance
    :lol:

You cray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    :lol:

You cray.
    looool..

Unfortunately you can't change the fact that some people are not attracted to chubbier girls, or from their eyes, fat girls. That's just how it is.
    For many it is indicative of a sedentary lifestyle and poor impulse control, or lack of discipline. It may not be the case.

Before you all rage at me, these are NOT my opinions, but it is likely to the opinions of others, especially those who make an effort to upkeep their bodies. For guys, physicality is of greater importance than it is to girls, not because they are shallow, but because guys are generally expected to be more athletic and would want a partner who reflected and complimented that part of them. A guy of similar body type to a chubby girl will find much more common ground stemming from how their body type arises from their lifestyle.

However, thankfully nowadays there is a much greater body acceptance and if someone is able to look past your body type to see your personality, it is indicative of a very accepting person. However this won't work if your personality is a bit naff, or isn't compatible with them.

I'm not going to join other comments in just praising because reaffirming what you want to hear means you'll remain uninformed about the wider circumstance.

My explanation is very bare-bones, so don't take it as the absolute truth.

Plus belly can go down with the right exercise so it shouldn’t be a total put off
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. Opposite gender for me, but if I met a guy and he was chubbier than expected but I like him otherwise, this would definitely not affect my decision. After all weight can be lost from someone chubby, but a personality cannot be gained from someone boring.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I would stay with them if I truly loved them.

ReputationRep:
    I mean that's super vague, 'chubby' doesn't mean the same thing to different people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, don't hold back in the replies!

If you met a girl and you really liked her personality, had been talking to her for a while and thought she was kind of pretty but met her and realised she was a bit heavier than expected (like had kind of chubby arms,legs & a chubby stomach e.c.t. BUT had no ass) would this change your opinion of her and how much you personally liked her?? would you still be into her???
    I would absolutely be into her. If I like her for who she is, I couldn’t care much about looks tbh ( opinion of an 18 year old guy btw)

ReputationRep:
    another point is that lifestyle is important for me in a potential partner, like if I maintain myself I expect them to maintain themselves you know?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing shallow about wanting to date somebody you find physically attractive, and it really bugs me when people suggest otherwise. Personality is key, it really is the biggest thing, and a great personality can make somebody you may not traditionally find attractive seem much more so...
    But if she's got a great personality and I still don't find her physically attractive, I wouldn't date her. If anything it'd be unfair on her to do so, everybody wants to be wanted. This isn't necessarily just weight, I tend towards curvier girls anyway, just in general.

ReputationRep:

If you met a girl and you really liked her personality, had been talking to her for a while and thought she was kind of pretty but met her and realised she was a bit heavier than expected (like had kind of chubby arms,legs & a chubby stomach e.c.t. BUT had no ass) would this change your opinion of her and how much you personally liked her?? would you still be into her???
    When I was an 18 year old virgin I'd still have gone for such a woman.

Now I wouldn't. Now I'd be happy to have her as a platonic friend. Or to get intimate with her on the understanding that I'd be a stepping stone for her towards someone more compatible (pretty unlikely scenario).
    As a candidate for a long term romantic relationship, a woman being overweight as described would be a non-starter for me. Sounds like it is for you too OP, or you wouldn't be asking the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Why should someones physical weight be a problem to date them? If anything, it should be the girl deciding if the guy is worth dating, especially if hes a dirtbag who is thinking about her like that
    "Im sorry, you're too fat for me"
    "You dont like me so I dont like you so IM ending this"

Entitled girls acting entitled. If you're fat you're fat, there's plenty of women who want date fat men and that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    No ass and big belly? Gross

I'd still be into her and it wouldn't change my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes defects are more attractive. You can lose your sympathy or backward fall in love even more. Love is not really about body and physical, it begins from feelings you have near that person.

ReputationRep:

If she was nice enough, I could probably look past it. But in terms of sheer Sh*g Value, if a girl is going to be chunkier than usual, she'd better have a nice arse AND/OR nice tits (one or the other). Ngl, I like thick girls but they have to be shapely, not just thick like a sack of potatoes. This unfortunate body-type could be corrected by going to the gym and training the core and lower body specifically. . Anyway, like I said, If their personality was nice, I'd have few reasons to dislike them. I've never disliked someone because they were ugly.

ReputationRep:

You shouldn't judge people. If you like her personality, what's stopping you from still liking her even if she has a little bit of weight on her? In my opinion, personality is more important than looks. So just go with your gut instinct.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.