Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to pick my accomodation but I can't decide which one would be most suitable. They all honestly look so expensive.
    I will be receiving the full maintainance loan which will be my only source of income unless I can get a part time job.
    If anyone goes UoB, which place would you recommend?
    Preferably not ensuite and non-catered

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)
    I'm trying to pick my accomodation but I can't decide which one would be most suitable. They all honestly look so expensive.
    I will be receiving the full maintainance loan which will be my only source of income unless I can get a part time job.

Thanks
    i have an offer too from UoB for Undergrad 2018 Biological Sciences.

Am also confused about which accommodation to chose
    Any advise anyone ?

ReputationRep:
    Tennis courts is fairly close to the Uni, and relatively cheap. Pritchatts park/Oakley courts as well.

The only one I wouldn't choose is Mason. It's not great.

I'm in Liberty Gardens, which honestly isn't as bad as everyone will tell you when you get here. It's quite far away from campus - the walk is like 30 minutes - but it's right next to Fiveways. which goes to the uni station every five minutes. It's also only 10 minutes from Broadstreet, where all the clubs are, and 20 minutes from The Mailbox/City Centre, both of which will be your best bet for getting a part time job like I have. The rooms are bigger, the kitchen comes with sofas (Chamberlain, the most expensive, is the only other accommodation to have this). It's also the smallest in terms of residents, so you get to know everyone pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lia22)

Thanks
    I recieved an email today about UoBs accomadation. They have an open day for their accomadation on one of the saturdays

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.