Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    loool

ReputationRep:
    We are really lacking on information here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariax__x)
    recently, some girls laugh and imitate the way i pronounce the word 'say' it is read as its written however when i say it, it sounds like 'sair'-- basically it rhymes with air. but i feel its normal as i hear some other people pronounce it this way and every time this word comes up the girls say "what did u sairr". how do u pronounce it??? is this normal??
    Personally I’ve never heard pronounced as sair, I’ve only ever heard say. However in a way this is similar to ‘ask’ and ‘axe’. My friend pronounces some words differently because of where she is from and she is used to it being normal so I guess it really depends on your upbringing and where you are from. Definitely nothing to be anxious about, it’s normal

Spoiler:
    Show
    If everyone pronounced everything the same, where would the creativity and uniqueness be in the world?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Y11_Maths)
    Personally I’ve never heard pronounced as sair, I’ve only ever heard say. However in a way this is similar to ‘ask’ and ‘axe’. My friend pronounces some words differently because of where she is from and she is used to it being normal so I guess it really depends on your upbringing and where you are from. Definitely nothing to be anxious about, it’s normal

Spoiler:
    Show

If everyone pronounced everything the same, where would the creativity and uniqueness be in the world?
    thank you for your reply, i know how to pronounce the word say but i have to think before i speak as i am soo used to saying 'sair'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you for your reply, i know how to pronounce the word say but i have to think before i speak as i am soo used to saying 'sair'
    It’s fine don’t worry about it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I didn’t see your original post, so sorry for my slightly sarcastic reply. It’s nothing to worry about. People pronounce things differently all the time.

ReputationRep:
    If they can't see past your speech, they're too pathetic to waste your time on. Kids are like that. They're cruel, but eventually they will learn. Maybe.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sorry, I havent seen your original post but don't care about what others think, its not your fault that you pronounce words wrong, so many ppl do, and you shouldnt be treated differently because of it x

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.