Turn on thread page Beta

I really like this girl and i'm pretty sure they like me too.

I feel like they really want me to make a move on them.

Every time, though I get sooo nervous. I literally freeze. I'm unsure why but I think it's because i'm so scared of possible rejection. I like them a lot and really think it's time to make my feelings clear.

The other day she purposely got me to walk with her alone while on my shift at work. It was secluded and away from people. There was no real reason why I was with her...but it was like she was intentionally giving me the chance to do something. I really wanted to just grab and kiss her, but just lost the nerve.

She later asked me to meet with her for lunch. The way she asked was like it was a date. I found this strange as we haven't ever before. We ended up spending the whole time together alone but unfortunately it was in public around other people. So obviously I shyed away from saying/acting upon anything.

There were some other things she was doing which led me to think she was trying to signal her interest (so to speak). Before seeing me she would keep going to the bathroom. She said she was trying to make herself look good. At one point she applied lip balm in front of me. She stared right into my eyes while she did it, to make sure I watched her.

I just wish she would make a move herself. If she did I wouldn't hesitate but nooo.

Any advice on what I can do here? How can I get over my fears and say something??? I don't want to lose my opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Every time, though I get sooo nervous. I literally freeze. I'm unsure why but I think it's because i'm so scared of possible rejection. I like them a lot and really think it's time to make my feelings clear.

The other day she purposely got me to walk with her alone while on my shift at work. It was secluded and away from people. There was no real reason why I was with her...but it was like she was intentionally giving me the chance to do something. I really wanted to just grab and kiss her, but just lost the nerve.

She later asked me to meet with her for lunch. The way she asked was like it was a date. I found this strange as we haven't ever before. We ended up spending the whole time together alone but unfortunately it was in public around other people. So obviously I shyed away from saying/acting upon anything.

There were some other things she was doing which led me to think she was trying to signal her interest (so to speak). Before seeing me she would keep going to the bathroom. She said she was trying to make herself look good. At one point she applied lip balm in front of me. She stared right into my eyes while she did it, to make sure I watched her.

I just wish she would make a move herself. If she did I wouldn't hesitate but nooo.

Any advice on what I can do here? How can I get over my fears and say something??? I don't want to lose my opportunity.
    Seems like she already made many moves. It's your turn now. I don't exactly know what you should do, but follow your heart and do what it tells you is right.

By the way, do you take cold showers (I take a hot shower then blast cold)? I recommend constantly doing things outside your comfort zone - this will re-engineer your subconscious to be confident on command (ah, so that's what Charisma on Command means - it's a YouTube channel.) Anyway, practice just going for things and this will boost your confidence.

(Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Seems like she already made many moves. It's your turn now. I don't exactly know what you should do, but follow your heart and do what it tells you is right.

By the way, do you take cold showers (I take a hot shower then blast cold)? I recommend constantly doing things outside your comfort zone - this will re-engineer your subconscious to be confident on command (ah, so that's what Charisma on Command means - it's a YouTube channel.) Anyway, practice just going for things and this will boost your confidence.
    She's given me opportunities for sure. The thing is we both haven't been in a relationship before. It's like we are both inexperienced in showing/expressing our feelings. She is obviously waiting for me to be bold and make a move...but little does she know i'm scared as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Ask her out for dinner, take her to a restaurant and then just tell her you like her, the ‘date’ setting might make it easier because it is already kind of implied
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.