Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some people too ignorant to acknowledge Mental health issues watch

ReputationRep:
    I have found that within peer groups at school, individuals spout all this crap about saying they have Aspergers and autism etc as an excuse for all their bad behaviour and using it as a joke when it is not to be joked about.

What are your views and are you aware of these situations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em395)
    I have found that within peer groups at school, individuals spout all this crap about saying they have Aspergers and autism etc as an excuse for all their bad behaviour and using it as a joke when it is not to be joked about.

What are your views and are you aware of these situations?
    Some people have a genuine need for support, some because of their condition are at an advantage. You can't put people in boxes (not you by the way).

Sadly some folk just don't recognise an individual's special circumstances because of a lack of education & awareness.

My view? Treat others how you'd like to be treated. End of.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've always been fascinated by this and that's why I chose to do psychology at university. In my own experience with depression and anxiety, I've noticed that the people who have the least understanding about those problems are always the most vocal and want to give their opinions, which is pretty annoying and sometimes hurtful because they really have no idea what they're talking about.

If you're interested in helping me out with some mental health research I'm conducting a study for my dissertation and it includes stigma and the way people react to mental health problems. If you'd like to help me collect more data on attitudes toward mental health it'd be great to have your input, https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtr...Nxp6m8Zk8itgQl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarajude)
    I've always been fascinated by this and that's why I chose to do psychology at university. In my own experience with depression and anxiety, I've noticed that the people who have the least understanding about those problems are always the most vocal and want to give their opinions, which is pretty annoying and sometimes hurtful because they really have no idea what they're talking about.

If you're interested in helping me out with some mental health research I'm conducting a study for my dissertation and it includes stigma and the way people react to mental health problems. If you'd like to help me collect more data on attitudes toward mental health it'd be great to have your input, https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtr...Nxp6m8Zk8itgQl
    Thanks for your feedback, I've completed your survey

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.