Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am in my first year of university and for various reasons i am considering dropping out and reapplying somewhere closer to home for next year. i was wondering, would i still be eligible for student finance after dropping out to fund my new course?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by oliviafaye22)
    i am in my first year of university and for various reasons i am considering dropping out and reapplying somewhere closer to home for next year. i was wondering, would i still be eligible for student finance after dropping out to fund my new course?
    Every one gets one extra “gift” year of funding to restart or repeat a year.
    You would be fine but remember that you have used your gift year. That means you need to be 100% sure about your new course.

Have you applied elsewhere yet? You might find your options are limited now that the January deadline has passed. Don’t forget to list your full education history on your application including your current university. You might be able to get a reference from someone on your current course.

If you’re applying for the same course then if you completed the year it might be possible to apply for second year entry at your new university. If not then completing the year is usually still helpful for applying to first year.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.