username3753122
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Right so in like spanish reading writing and speaking, I get 50+ out of 60 on all the mocks I do and this is higher tier. But when I do listening, i get like 20/60 and I need help to improve this grade as i’m predicted a 9 and i try practicing with multiple listening examples but I just can never get the answers right! Please help.
cj_sS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm similar to you in my recent mocks i got 51/60 in writing 43/60 in reading and 28/50 in listening. I'm sure the grade boundaries will be quite low but i deffo agree that the listening part is difficult.
username3753122
Rep:
?
(Original post by cj_sS)
I'm similar to you in my recent mocks i got 51/60 in writing 43/60 in reading and 28/50 in listening. I'm sure the grade boundaries will be quite low but i deffo agree that the listening part is difficult.
Yeah its like my teacher tells me I need to improve it but I do so many listening questions and I just get like 2/5 and its ridiculous! They speak way too fast and its so hard to make out what they’re saying
cj_sS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by s_anon)
Yeah its like my teacher tells me I need to improve it but I do so many listening questions and I just get like 2/5 and its ridiculous! They speak way too fast and its so hard to make out what they’re saying
yeah i seem to be able to pick out singular words but stringing them together to make sense of it is difficult
username3753122
Rep:
?
(Original post by cj_sS)
yeah i seem to be able to pick out singular words but stringing them together to make sense of it is difficult
Yeah, I just did another Spanish Listening mock today so i’ll see what my result is and let you know! I hope i did better than 20
inoubliable
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so it is not only French students having this problem? Good. They are super difficult - the listening. Like the cleverest in my class, who is also expected to get a 9, only managed a 29/50. They've made them ridiculously difficult, almost incomprehensible to be honest. Like said above, grade boundaries will probably be very low.

I would ask your teacher to allow you to do past papers from the old spec. Although they are quite a bit easier, it is very good to practice your listening. Also, try some AS level listening, because, according to my teacher anyway, they are more closely matched to what we have to do now (even if you don't answer the questions, literally just try understanding what they're saying and try writing out what they say - helps you recognise words and phrase a lot easier)
cj_sS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's some Italian kid in my class who's standard of spanish is higher than a level and he only managed 35/50 - i'm sure the grade boundaries will be low
molly amanda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by s_anon)
Right so in like spanish reading writing and speaking, I get 50+ out of 60 on all the mocks I do and this is higher tier. But when I do listening, i get like 20/60 and I need help to improve this grade as i’m predicted a 9 and i try practicing with multiple listening examples but I just can never get the answers right! Please help.
hi im currently doing the same gcse except i live in SPAIN so the best advice i can give you is to brake down the words in your heard so that you process them
username3753122
Rep:
?
(Original post by inoubliable)
so it is not only French students having this problem? Good. They are super difficult - the listening. Like the cleverest in my class, who is also expected to get a 9, only managed a 29/50. They've made them ridiculously difficult, almost incomprehensible to be honest. Like said above, grade boundaries will probably be very low.

I would ask your teacher to allow you to do past papers from the old spec. Although they are quite a bit easier, it is very good to practice your listening. Also, try some AS level listening, because, according to my teacher anyway, they are more closely matched to what we have to do now (even if you don't answer the questions, literally just try understanding what they're saying and try writing out what they say - helps you recognise words and phrase a lot easier)
Yeah no, I’m predicted a 9 and on my last test i only got 20/60 and I was so upset but at least now i realise that its not just me so yeah hopefully grade boundaries will be low!
username3753122
Rep:
?
(Original post by cj_sS)
There's some Italian kid in my class who's standard of spanish is higher than a level and he only managed 35/50 - i'm sure the grade boundaries will be low
Makes sense, phew
(Original post by molly amanda)
hi im currently doing the same gcse except i live in SPAIN so the best advice i can give you is to brake down the words in your heard so that you process them
Okay, thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads