Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

We are people too. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What I see when walking through my school isn't right. People who are stressed out about so much for people who aren't even adults yet. People who get treated so unfairly by some teachers who are meant to be guiding them but end up just making others feel pathetic. Pointless rules that just show the amount of disrespect that schools have for people.

Sometimes they seem to forget that. We are people. We are human. Like anyone, we make mistakes, we make bad choices, we get angry, but why does it always feel like we get punished, for being human?

Punishments for forgetting homework. Forgetting? Since when has that been something that people shouldn't be doing any more? Being controlled and yelled at like we don't even have a choice anymore. Disagree with a teacher's decision? I wouldn't point that out if I were you. So many things around schools show the total lack of thought the education system has put into children themselves and this needs changing.

We aren't machines that should be able to recall fact after fact. We aren't emotionless yet they still pile the pressure on. We aren't alone in this world. We have families and friends, which to be honest, I feel like I shouldn't ever see them now, with the constant work and all that.

Yes, I know we aren't perfect. We never will be. But at least give us a chance to be as close to perfect as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Science has proven that genius like us also forgets stuff. So shouldn’t we get complimented?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XchickenX)
    Wow. Science has proven that genius like us also forgets stuff. So shouldn’t we get complimented?
    I don't really know what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Amen. It's the exact same story in my school, but nobody is doing anything to change it. What we need is a way of encouraging the current generation of 18-24 year olds to vote in favour of a party who will modernise and improve the education system, or even better, lowering the voting age to 16.

ReputationRep:
    Because just because that is a trait genius' often possess does not mean it's a good trait to have.

ReputationRep:
    Did u have a brain fart?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.