Turn on thread page Beta

I have no friends and it is my birthday in 13 days! watch

Hi all,
    I have a handful of close friends and a few odd friends here and there.
    I really want to do something for my 16th birthday, but I don't have many people to invite out ( birthday dinner ), and even if I invited people from my classes ( who probably barely see me as a friend ) it would be awkward/ they wouldn't really come.

Does anyone have ideas as to what I can do to make this day special? I have no external family and a bit of a dysfunctional home. I doubt my immidiate family is going to make much of an effort.
    My home is small and cramped, so I couldn't have a gathering there.

If anyone has an idea/ their own experience do share I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

hey!

if you’re stuck on something to do maybe suggest going out for food with your closest friends? even if its just one or two of them it’s still something to do! it doesnt even have to be some extravagant restaurant, me and 2 of my friends had a picnic in the park for one of their birthdays a couple of years ago lol.

people act like having a massive sweet 16th type of bash is a big deal but it honestly isn’t, i stayed at home for mine and treated it like a normal day🙃 but of course if thats what you’re after try coming up with ideas between you all!

hope u have a great birthday nonetheless! 🎉🎈🎁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do something with your close friends 😊 go to the cinema, have a meal.. it doesn’t have to be a massive thing x it’ll be nice for you to be with people that you’re comfortable with
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Don't worry about the number of people that will show up, it is quality over quantity. Like another poster said just go out for food with your close friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,
    I have a handful of close friends and a few odd friends here and there.
    I really want to do something for my 16th birthday, but I don't have many people to invite out ( birthday dinner ), and even if I invited people from my classes ( who probably barely see me as a friend ) it would be awkward/ they wouldn't really come.

Does anyone have ideas as to what I can do to make this day special? I have no external family and a bit of a dysfunctional home. I doubt my immidiate family is going to make much of an effort.
    My home is small and cramped, so I couldn't have a gathering there.

If anyone has an idea/ their own experience do share I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Neither did I at your age. I had the worst sweet sixteen ever. IMO its pointless anyway, its not like your life is ruined if you don't have it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.