Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Temporarily leaving McDonald's for the summer? Part-time uni job watch

ReputationRep:
    I currently work part-time at McDonald's whilst at university and was wondering how likely my current store would be to allow me to leave to go home for the summer and return when I go back to uni (so approx July to mid-September). I could possibly commute (25 minutes) but I don't trust the trains they can be unreliable. I will ask when I have my next shift but was just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat and works at different McDonald's branch during non-term-time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by asdfjkmel)
    I currently work part-time at McDonald's whilst at university and was wondering how likely my current store would be to allow me to leave to go home for the summer and return when I go back to uni (so approx July to mid-September). I could possibly commute (25 minutes) but I don't trust the trains they can be unreliable. I will ask when I have my next shift but was just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat and works at different McDonald's branch during non-term-time.
    I didnt do it myself personally but when i worked at mcdonalds i worked with a lot of people when who were at uni. The ones i worked with only worked at our store while at home (e.g. summer, christmas etc) but a lot of people do it the other way around.
    They should be ok with it. They could just not give you shifts, or you could book some of it as holiday (using holiday pay if you have any). It might also be worth asking if you can transfer to another store near your home whilst at home and going back when you go back to uni- quite a few people do that as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.