Turn on thread page Beta

Finally want help and speaking up watch

So I need help today it got bad and I finally need help.
    I am 17 and since I was about 14 I’ve been very angry and very insecure as well as felt very conscious of my self image.
    Now I’m 17 I have really bad highs where I feel like I’m unstoppable and then I have times where I feel so down like I cry at random things this has been going on for about a year or more.

Also something more serious but I’ve been to scared to talk about it is hallucinations like it’s hard to explain like I’ll see things that’s just more than in the corner of my eye like I imagine they’re there sometimes and believe it and it scares me like it’s a ghost. I cannot sleep without a light on because I’m petrified of seeing something.
    I also feel like someone’s watching me and never have my back against an open space ever.

Also just another thing it’s not as bad now but I have this thing where I have an awful feeling that if j don’t do something my family will die or someone will die if I don’t do it ? Like also I’ll think something bad that I really don’t want to happen such as it’s bad weather here in the uk and I’ll think oh I hope so and so don’t have a car crash and I’ll have to tap my head 4 times and touch wood 4 times or it will happen and it to be and even number or its gunna happen

I don’t want people it think I’m like crazy or anything but it’s getting a lot for me now and need to speak out because it’s scary and ruining and ruling my life .
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 17 and since I was about 14 I’ve been very angry and very insecure as well as felt very conscious of my self image.
    Now I’m 17 I have really bad highs where I feel like I’m unstoppable and then I have times where I feel so down like I cry at random things this has been going on for about a year or more.

Also something more serious but I’ve been to scared to talk about it is hallucinations like it’s hard to explain like I’ll see things that’s just more than in the corner of my eye like I imagine they’re there sometimes and believe it and it scares me like it’s a ghost. I cannot sleep without a light on because I’m petrified of seeing something.
    I also feel like someone’s watching me and never have my back against an open space ever.

Also just another thing it’s not as bad now but I have this thing where I have an awful feeling that if j don’t do something my family will die or someone will die if I don’t do it ? Like also I’ll think something bad that I really don’t want to happen such as it’s bad weather here in the uk and I’ll think oh I hope so and so don’t have a car crash and I’ll have to tap my head 4 times and touch wood 4 times or it will happen and it to be and even number or its gunna happen

I don’t want people it think I’m like crazy or anything but it’s getting a lot for me now and need to speak out because it’s scary and ruining and ruling my life .
    Hi there. You might like to have a chat with your GP about what's been going on. I know it's pretty scary opening up, but they're there to help with health issues- physical and mental. They can help set you up with support and they definitely shouldn't think you're crazy cos you're not- you're just having a hard time and tats way more common than you might think.

When you see somebody it can help to bring a note of the things you want to talk about cos it can be a bit stressful and you can use it to remind you what you want to say or even hand it over so you don't have to talk so much. Something like what you wrote here would be good.

I hope that helps. It can be really hard dealing with stuff like this, but you don't have to do it alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Yeah I get what you mean with some of this. I think OCD can manifest some of these symptoms but others are just a bit odd. When I was younger I couldn't sleep facing the wall and had to face outwards. Other times I just imagine doing disgusting things like touching some sort of dirt and things like that I'm uncomfortable with.

I hope you find a way to feel better about it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.