Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on this cold weather? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    We could use some of that so called "global warming" but its a shame it doesnt exist! Sad!
    I'm unsure of whether you're trolling or not, but I'll take the time to respond.

This colder weather pattern is likely the result of a very significant weather event in the stratosphere - something called the polar vortex. Sometimes (very rarely, something like on average 6 times a century?) this polar vortex splits up violently and creates drastic weather changes in the lower atmosphere. There is a very good video on this on youtube by a guy called Simon Clark that goes into much more detail. The guy got his PhD studying the stratosphere; I'd consider his word reliable. There are also other scientific publications you could read on this. Instead of crying "blah, no global warming!" perhaps you should maybe look into the science behind the weather events we're experiencing and appreciate what is in actuality a very beautiful and rare occurrence.

Personally I quite like the snow... it only becomes annoying when it disrupts my commute to uni.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    what deliveries, sex toys?
    Think most girls have their own these days, or at least the types of girls I like to sleep with do I don't need my own for solo sessions of course, my right hand and a bit of makeshift lube covers my needs :top:

ReputationRep:
    As someone who's born and raised in a tropical country (24 °C is our definition of cold, hot is 30+), this -2 weather is certainly an eye-opener (especially since I just arrived in UK barely six months ago). So far been wrapping up. Only thing though, the coldness makes me wanna stay in bed more, something that has never quite happened in the past.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    fair
    Was slipping everywhere in my air max 90s lol no grip bruv
    one day I will invest in Timbs in black
    the salt rocks get inside my shoe, that **** hurts lol yea I never wear my air's in the snow...Timberland is ok...the suede velvet material makes me nervous though in murky road snow. I got Docs and Grensons boots, try those.

ReputationRep:
    the salt rocks get inside my shoe, that **** hurts lol yea I never wear my air's in the snow...Timberland is ok...the suede velvet material makes me nervous though in murky road snow. I got Docs and Grensons boots, try those.
    makes sense! cool I just want timbs tbh love the look lol and soo warm! but money is tight atm ygm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsmith23)
    I'm unsure of whether you're trolling or not, but I'll take the time to respond.

This colder weather pattern is likely the result of a very significant weather event in the stratosphere - something called the polar vortex. Sometimes (very rarely, something like on average 6 times a century?) this polar vortex splits up violently and creates drastic weather changes in the lower atmosphere. There is a very good video on this on youtube by a guy called Simon Clark that goes into much more detail. The guy got his PhD studying the stratosphere; I'd consider his word reliable. There are also other scientific publications you could read on this. Instead of crying "blah, no global warming!" perhaps you should maybe look into the science behind the weather events we're experiencing and appreciate what is in actuality a very beautiful and rare occurrence.

Personally I quite like the snow... it only becomes annoying when it disrupts my commute to uni.
    yeah man I was just trolling, I was going for the "donald trump twitter" style. Global warming is very real.

Although I love Simon Clark, thanks for the video recommendation

ReputationRep:
    makes sense! cool I just want timbs tbh love the look lol and soo warm! but money is tight atm ygm
    :noway: Grenson looks better
    Spoiler:
    Show

Man. Thats class bruv. You'd look like Idris in them. I have em in black and I think they cost the same as Tims :yy:.

ReputationRep:
    :noway: Grenson looks better
    Spoiler:
    Show

Man. Thats class bruv. You'd look like Idris in them. I have em in black and I think they cost the same as Tims :yy:.

damn those look mad!!
    a bit more expensive than timbs
    one day i will have both pairs
    still snowing here

ReputationRep:
    damn those look mad!!
    a bit more expensive than timbs
    one day i will have both pairs
    still snowing here
    oh are they? How much is tims :cyber:

yea reach that goal

Its flaking out here but brick cold

ReputationRep:
    I'd love the cold weather as long as I lived in the middle of nowhere. It would be awesome. Somewhere in Northern Canada would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    yeah man I was just trolling, I was going for the "donald trump twitter" style. Global warming is very real.

Although I love Simon Clark, thanks for the video recommendation
    Aha I'm so glad. I noticed the similar style but I wanted to make the comment anyways. Glad you like the recommendation!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly love this weather. Yes its freezing but thats just England anyway.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.