Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying an Acess to higher education foundation degree at london metropolitan. I always knew I wanted to study law but never realised how important it was to graduate from a russell group university. Even though the Mayor of London graduated with a law degree from London met I DO NOT WANT TO BE A GRADUATE OF LONDON MET, I don't really want this uni attached to my name. Basically I was just wondering if it was possible to get into a Russell group university from studying a foundation degree? I'm assuming if I got top marks in every module in my foundation degree It may give me a chance to study at a Russell group? and Which Russell group uni's are considered most "lenient" ? PLEASE HELP ME!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ElG.ONCALVES)
    I'm currently studying an Acess to higher education foundation degree at london metropolitan. I always knew I wanted to study law but never realised how important it was to graduate from a russell group university. Even though the Mayor of London graduated with a law degree from London met I DO NOT WANT TO BE A GRADUATE OF LONDON MET, I don't really want this uni attached to my name. Basically I was just wondering if it was possible to get into a Russell group university from studying a foundation degree? I'm assuming if I got top marks in every module in my foundation degree It may give me a chance to study at a Russell group? and Which Russell group uni's are considered most "lenient" ? PLEASE HELP ME!
    The Russell Group is irrelevant, especially as you're asking for the "most lenient" in the group. Instead, you should be looking at which uni/course is best for your situation. Your choices will be limited at this stage as you've missed the UCAS deadline and have non-standard entry qualifications, so you may wish to take a gap year and do some more research.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but why is it irrelevant? I’ve been doing research for a year now (during my foundation YEAR) so I don’t need another gap year to slow me down even more, a Russell group is what’s best for my situation. I thought I wanted to study something different but I know now that I want to study law. Unfortunately I came to realise this a little bit too late. Hence why I asked for the most “lenient” because i’ve “ missed the deadline”. Furthermore you didn’t even answer my question I clearly asked if it was possible to get into a Russell group university from a foundation year, if you haven’t got the answer to that question you can bounce because I didn’t ask for your opinion on “what’s best” for my future.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ElG.ONCALVES)
    Sorry but why is it irrelevant? I’ve been doing research for a year now (during my foundation YEAR) so I don’t need another gap year to slow me down even more, a Russell group is what’s best for my situation. I thought I wanted to study something different but I know now that I want to study law. Unfortunately I came to realise this a little bit too late. Hence why I asked for the most “lenient” because i’ve “ missed the deadline”. Furthermore you didn’t even answer my question I clearly asked if it was possible to get into a Russell group university from a foundation year, if you haven’t got the answer to that question you can bounce because I didn’t ask for your opinion on “what’s best” for my future.
    Nah, I'll "bounce" because you're just being rude to someone who was trying to help you. If you've been researching all year, you should be able to answer your own questions by now anyway - unless your research skills suck as much as your attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, didn’t answer any of the questions again but that’s fine it’s cute that you THINK your advice was helpful. The reading skills you have are just as bad as your irrelevant and unwanted advice, I’ve been researching all year on the previous thing I wanted to do, (on my foundation year)! I didn’t research anything about Russell groups until the past couple of months (if you read my question you would of known this)!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, an access course can get you onto a law degree at a RG university. A typical offer would probably be to get distinctions in most if not all modules, Law degrees are very competitive, those with relevant A levels will be seen more favourably.

Contact the unis you are interested in to see if they will accept your access qualification.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.