Turn on thread page Beta

Guy invited me over to his house to listen to vinyl watch

ReputationRep:
    We've been on two dates so far, we're meeting tomorrow for a third date (not at his house) we've been talking for about a month now and met on tinder.

He offered me an open ended invite to go to his house and listen to vinyl (we're both into it) am I being cynical assuming that he's looking for stuff to happen? I don't know if it's too early after only having been on 2 dates to invite me round...? Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    If he's not your boyfriend, why go to his house. Tell him to take you somewhere, and stop baiting. I'd say go to somewhere that plays vinyl music or whatever genre you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeohare98)
    We've been on two dates so far, we're meeting tomorrow for a third date (not at his house) we've been talking for about a month now and met on tinder.

He offered me an open ended invite to go to his house and listen to vinyl (we're both into it) am I being cynical assuming that he's looking for stuff to happen? I don't know if it's too early after only having been on 2 dates to invite me round...? Opinions?
    Too early? That depends entirely on how you both feel about it. Personally if I liked someone after 2 dates and a month talking I'd be comfortable going to their place (or vice versa) as long as I didn't have to bump into other people.

Hes probably hopeful something might happen between you, but just because you go over does not mean you have to have full blown sex. You could just cuddle, or kiss, or make-out or go as far or not far as you feel comfortable with. The natural progression with dating is gradually increased physical and emotional intimacy, at some point things are expected to get physical. Are you ready for that/would you like that with him?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Personally, I'd tell him that CDs are better in terms of sound quality but..

.. what do you want to happen?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Hey vinyl and chill...

ReputationRep:
    He's a classy man, listening to vinyl. I'd bang if I were female.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Damn he's smooth.

I need to learn from this guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeohare98)

If you think he is after a bit of the other, tell him that you won't consider sex until you have a ring on your finger. Listening to records is OK though

ReputationRep:
    Only go if the records are obscure single-issue presses of mid-90s Norwegian black metal.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I’m getting Patrick Bateman vibes from this dude

Yes I think he probably is hoping for something more to happen. The vinyl thing is just a cover. There's nothing wrong with that though, it's natural for him to be wanting to move things further. It's up to you though, I doubt he's expecting sex just yet, probably just a bit of kissing. If you don't want to be put in that position then suggest a public date. But it's also fine to go and just keep things casual.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.