Turn on thread page Beta

Emails by admission office...confused watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied for PhD research at southampton.02 weeks after submission of application,I received following email from admission office
    "With reference to your recent application for PhD Electronic & Electrical Engineering In order for us to consider your application further, we need to receive a full set of supporting documentation. The following document(s), submitted in support of your application, cannot be accepted for the reason given below. Would you please send us a replacement(s), either as a scanned copy attached to an email, by fax or by post to the address at the bottom of this email* . Resume / Curriculum Vitae Please put the programme code and your personal reference number on all documents and in all correspondence"
    As far as I understand they are asking me to include personal no and program code in resume.well that's understandable because iade the myself and I can edit it but why they say to put resference no on all documents.how can I put reference no and program code on transcripts and degrees(these are read only documents,not editable).any one who can better explain what univeristy wants?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by node11)
    I applied for PhD research at southampton.02 weeks after submission of application,I received following email from admission office
    "With reference to your recent application for PhD Electronic & Electrical Engineering In order for us to consider your application further, we need to receive a full set of supporting documentation. The following document(s), submitted in support of your application, cannot be accepted for the reason given below. Would you please send us a replacement(s), either as a scanned copy attached to an email, by fax or by post to the address at the bottom of this email* . Resume / Curriculum Vitae Please put the programme code and your personal reference number on all documents and in all correspondence"
    As far as I understand they are asking me to include personal no and program code in resume.well that's understandable because iade the myself and I can edit it but why they say to put resference no on all documents.how can I put reference no and program code on transcripts and degrees(these are read only documents,not editable).any one who can better explain what univeristy wants?
    Attach it to an email and put those ref numbers in your email.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by node11)
    You can either call them for an explanation or you can either

Photocopy the document and then put the number on that. Its for id purposes only i.e top right hand corner.

If you are being required to submit originals, then use plastic pockets and id the document with a sticker attached to the plastic pocket. One document per pocket.

Contact them and ask how to proceed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks..for now I have only sent them resume with personal no and code.if they ask me to send other documents also with no and code then I will do it like u suggest..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.