Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend tells you he needs a side chick watch

Announcements

I'm a Christian and I've been telling my boyfriend I want to have a non sexual relationship. I've been telling him for a while now but yesterday he said " it's either I get a side chick and keep our relationship tight or we have sex". I'm not comfortable with my boyfriend having side chicks. I told him it's either he chooses me or side chick. He said both, he said he wants me but can't leave without sex and it's hard to leave sex. And he's serious about getting a side chick. What should I do about this.
    Should I leave who i am, my morals and have sex. Or let him get a side chick but i will be suffering inside knowing he's with other girls

break up with him
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't stay with someone who gives you an ultimatum. It sounds like you're after different things.

ReputationRep:
    respect yourself and do not accept pressure on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a Christian and I've been telling my boyfriend I want to have a non sexual relationship. I've been telling him for a while now but yesterday he said " it's either I get a side chick and keep our relationship tight or we have sex". I'm not comfortable with my boyfriend having side chicks. I told him it's either he chooses me or side chick. He said both, he said he wants me but can't leave without sex and it's hard to leave sex. And he's serious about getting a side chick. What should I do about this.
    Should I leave who i am, my morals and have sex. Or let him get a side chick but i will be suffering inside knowing he's with other girls
    Get rid of him. If he can't respect your wishes he doesn't deserve you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You should be with someone who respects you. Out of curiosity though, why don't you want a sexual relationship?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    He sounds like a ****, and you sound like you deserve a lot better than that. Get rid of him - you'll find someone much better than that.

ReputationRep:
    He have no respect for you and your believe. You deserve so muchhhhhhhh batter girl just get rid of him, don't let anyone to pressure you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to **** off
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    break up with him now!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tell him that alongside a side chick he'll also be needing a new main chick. If he doesn't respect that you don't want to have sex then there's nothing more to discuss with him. You should never have to give up a part of who you are because your partner isn't happy.

ReputationRep:
    At least he has been honest with you instead of just cheating on you. He is a class A **** but it could have been worse!

Either way you want different things from the relationship, just break it off and find someone who is happy to respect your wishes and wait.

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you aren't right for him. You should break up.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's being very critical of the guy. I agree what he said might seem hurtful and a bit tactless but at least he is being very honest. It sounds like he really likes you as a person but also has a great need for sex and still wants you around even if he has to look elsewhere to fulfill his sexual desires.

Obviously his strong wish for sex and your wish for abstinence is at odds with each other, so if you can't deal with him having sex with someone else (as most people couldn't, but some people are happy with this sort of thing) then it sounds like you probably have to break up with him...

ReputationRep:
    You don’t do either of those things you stated in your post. You tell him to grow the **** up and dump his sorry arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hailster92)
    You don’t do either of those things you stated in your post. You tell him to grow the **** up and dump his sorry arse
    That seems quite harsh on him. Their feelings on the matter are opposed so he is asking permission to satisfy his desire elsewhere so she doesn't have to. The relationship should just be ended given the case but it seems so many people are against him for little reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    That seems quite harsh on him. Their feelings on the matter are opposed so he is asking permission to satisfy his desire elsewhere so she doesn't have to. The relationship should just be ended given the case but it seems so many people are against him for little reason.
    Against him for little reason? I disagree - pressuring someone into sex and giving a person an ultimatum such as this is simply not fair. If he wants to have sex so badly, he should end the relationship and go have sex with someone

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to have sex, you shouldn't be forced to - your boyfriend should respect your views. Letting him get a "side chick" - do you think you can cope with this? Honestly, I think it is better for you to part ways so you can find what you both want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hailster92)
    Against him for little reason? I disagree - pressuring someone into sex and giving a person an ultimatum such as this is simply not fair. If he wants to have sex so badly, he should end the relationship and go have sex with someone
    I do agree the relationship should be ended, and he certainly should see that and be willing to do it. But I still feel people are being harsher than necessary since he hasn't actually cheated on her as far as we know and all he has done is ask and push it a bit.

I'm not trying to defend him completely but merely point out how harsh people are towards him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rita56)
    He have no respect for you and your believe. You deserve so muchhhhhhhh batter girl just get rid of him, don't let anyone to pressure you.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg batter-recipe.jpg (30.2 KB)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.