The Student Room Group

21st Birthday and no friends

My 21st birthday is coming up and I have no friends to do anything with, some of my family are asking what i want to do but honestly I don't really want to do anything if not with friends. As much as I love my family it would just be a constant reminder of how socially inept i am to spend the day with them. Has anyone else been in this position? And what did you do?
Original post by Anonymous
My 21st birthday is coming up and I have no friends to do anything with, some of my family are asking what i want to do but honestly I don't really want to do anything if not with friends. As much as I love my family it would just be a constant reminder of how socially inept i am to spend the day with them. Has anyone else been in this position? And what did you do?

Do you have to celebrate it? I haven't in many years, I've only had a cake and shared it with my mum, and don't expect gifts.

It's your day, do whatever you want, spend time with your family, maybe go out to a restaurant or go bowling, whatever.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, I'm really sorry your so alone at the moment it's a really horrible situation to be in,

Yes I have been in this situation for my 21st birthday last year as well.
I know how unpleasant it is,

In some ways, it was nice to spend it with my family but it did make me feel quite lonely at the time.

Looking back I'm glad I did do something with my family because I remember it more fondly now rather then if it hadn't spent it with anyway I think...
If it's any consolation I'm 16, in sixth form, got no friends either and my birthday is coming up :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending