Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I’ve been having a look at UCL accommodation, and I’m aware there’s a relatively high proportion of shared/twin rooms and you can’t necessarily pick your accommodation. I really wouldn’t like a shared/twin room for various reasons, some of them medical, and will be putting single room as a priority preference on my application form — I was just wondering what the chances are of being allocated a twin room anyway?? Should I be worried...? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know much about UCL, but if it is for medical reasons (your gp may need to provide proof / a letter?) then idk why not. They should let you have a single room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    Well I don't know much about UCL, but if it is for medical reasons (your gp may need to provide proof / a letter?) then idk why not. They should let you have a single room?
    I hope so... I’ve got medical proof if they ask for it, so fingers crossed! Just slightly worried they’ll allot me a twin room regardless and say I can either take it or find a flat elsewhere. Do you think it’s worth calling up the accommodation office before I apply?

ReputationRep:
    I’m worried about the same thing! I don’t necessarily have a medical reason but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to cope without my own space (I get stressed out, upset and sometimes shut people out if I can’t get time alone). I’m worried that it’d just ruin my whole experience tbh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There actually aren't that many twin rooms. and if you put your preference as single this should be honoured.

ReputationRep:
    Actually alot of the twin rooms would be taken up as they are cheaper - and london is expensive anyways

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the likelihood of you getting a Twin room again choice is slim. There are not that many of them and as been said earlier, in London students in their first year are looking for cheaper rooms such as the Twin. They do tend to go away quickly. Also, it is never a bad idea to speak with the accommodation office if you haven’t already. They should be able to help you out, knowing that you have a medical requirement for a separate room. Hope this gets sorted. Good luck !

(Original post by emily_joy)
    Hi! So I’ve been having a look at UCL accommodation, and I’m aware there’s a relatively high proportion of shared/twin rooms and you can’t necessarily pick your accommodation. I really wouldn’t like a shared/twin room for various reasons, some of them medical, and will be putting single room as a priority preference on my application form — I was just wondering what the chances are of being allocated a twin room anyway?? Should I be worried...? Thank you!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.