Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have accepted an offer for MSc Computer Science starting in September 2018. Anyone who has accepted a study place or awaiting a response can post here.
    It’ll be nice to have a chat about what to expect.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onomesotu)
    Hey all,

I have accepted an offer for MSc Computer Science starting in September 2018. Anyone who has accepted a study place or awaiting a response can post here.
    It’ll be nice to have a chat about what to expect.

Cheers!
    Me too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayonWead)
    Me too
    Nice! Congratulations on your offer. What’s your experience with programming etc?

Do you live in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Congratulations on your offer. What’s your experience with programming etc?

Do you live in the UK?
    Zero experience actually, this program was designated for applicants from other disciplines. I was study chemical engineering before this, and have been teaching myself python since I received the offer. BTW I'm an international student.

ReputationRep:
    Zero experience actually, this program was designated for applicants from other disciplines. I was study chemical engineering before this, and have been teaching myself python since I received the offer. BTW I'm an international student.
    Nice! Good to know.

I’m in the same shoes, also an international student albeit from the EU.

Have you checked the curriculum? What do you think about it?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Good to know.

I’m in the same shoes, also an international student albeit from the EU.

Have you checked the curriculum? What do you think about it?
    I did some research. Seems that they mainly teach java as a programming tool in most courses. So I probably need to teach myself java after python.

ReputationRep:
    I did some research. Seems that they mainly teach java as a programming tool in most courses. So I probably need to teach myself java after python.
    If we are to by previous years, then yes, it’s definitely Java as a programming language. I’m looking forward to the all year round software project. It should be fun. I’ll be going for the postgraduate open day next weekend.
    Did you join the Facebook group for MSc Computer Science?

ReputationRep:
    If we are to by previous years, then yes, it’s definitely Java as a programming language. I’m looking forward to the all year round software project. It should be fun. I’ll be going for the postgraduate open day next weekend.
    Did you join the Facebook group for MSc Computer Science?
    I sent a request for joining the group, but there wasn't a reply. It's been days.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2018

University open days

1. University of Birmingham
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.