Turn on thread page Beta

Me and my boyfriend broke up around a week ago and I can't help but continue to blame myself/convince myself that I led him to break up with me.
    For a while I've been unhappy, over little things like not seeing him much or not feeling very loved, little effection etc, so of course I have been telling him this.
    Despite this the week or so before our break up I realised, life is too short, I want to be with him so I'm in control of my own happiness. Therefore I was happier in the relationship.
    Then he broke up with me with of course 'I'm not making you happy anyway' now I just wish I didn't moan at him and tell him I'm unhappy all the time when I knew deep down it was my own fault! I tried to tell him I was beginning to feel happy but now he says he's not. Could me telling him I'm unhappy of made him unhappy?
    I know it sounds ridiculous but I just always blame myself and think 'if I hadn't of done this we would still be together' I love him and miss him and know this is going to be hard! Shall I just go no contact or tell him my regrets??
    Thanks X
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boyfriend broke up around a week ago and I can't help but continue to blame myself/convince myself that I led him to break up with me.
    For a while I've been unhappy, over little things like not seeing him much or not feeling very loved, little effection etc, so of course I have been telling him this.
    Despite this the week or so before our break up I realised, life is too short, I want to be with him so I'm in control of my own happiness. Therefore I was happier in the relationship.
    Then he broke up with me with of course 'I'm not making you happy anyway' now I just wish I didn't moan at him and tell him I'm unhappy all the time when I knew deep down it was my own fault! I tried to tell him I was beginning to feel happy but now he says he's not. Could me telling him I'm unhappy of made him unhappy?
    I know it sounds ridiculous but I just always blame myself and think 'if I hadn't of done this we would still be together' I love him and miss him and know this is going to be hard! Shall I just go no contact or tell him my regrets??
    Thanks X
    I'm not fully convinced, I think you are just missing him or someone and that actually the relationship had nothing and you were bored of it, and you're trying to convince yourself that it wasn't like that in reality out of sadness.

You did the right thing, you communicated your problems, but it didn't work because he took it the wrong way.

I would just leave it to be honest, you don't want to make a fool of yourself and kick yourself for it for a long time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.