Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just secured a job (weekends only) however it’s 38 miles from where I live and the pay is £8.31 an hour. Should I accept the job even tho it’s so far from me? What do u guys think. Is it worth it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown19x)
    I have just secured a job (weekends only) however it’s 38 miles from where I live and the pay is £8.31 an hour. Should I accept the job even tho it’s so far from me? What do u guys think. Is it worth it?
    Why would you apply for a job that far away? There must be jobs closer to where you live. Travel costs will be ridiculously high; you'll effectively be working a good few hours for free to cover them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Why would you apply for a job that far away? There must be jobs closer to where you live. Travel costs will be ridiculously high.
    I searched for jobs in my area and it came up as a result and at that time I didn’t check the location but now that ive got it I checked and was very disappointed. I’ve applied for loads of jobs in my area but no one is getting back to me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Unknown19x)
    You need to do the maths!

Can you actually get to and from the job, do you drive? will anyone drive you both ends of the day? is there a bus? is there a train? How much do you need the experience, rather than the money?

Only you can say if it's worthwhile to you and what you need (money/experience), but whether ti can practically be done seem to be the first question.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.