Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is 24 too old to live in Halls? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name's Evie and I've been given a conditional offer to study English Literature and Creative Writing as a Joint Honors at York St John. I'm just worried that, as I'll be 24 when I go to university, I'll be seen as too old to live in halls.

I'm always up for a laugh and a good night out, but I'm worried that I might not fit in somehow, or that the age difference might be seen as weird?

I really want to live in student accommodation so that I can fully experience university life. I'm just afraid I might stand out like a sore thumb or something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so - one of my coursemates is 27 and lived in halls for first year, so he was 26 then and I don't think he had any problems. You come across all sorts of students in halls, I doubt you being 24 will be an issue

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it's unheard of. I certainly hope it isn't, anyway, as I'm seriously considering entering into university at some point in the near future as a mature student after an extremely long hiatus from education (I'm also 24 years old, at present), and I believe that living in university halls is an integral part of the university experience.

ReputationRep:
    I was too old for halls when I was 18...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToLearn94)
    Hi, my name's Evie and I've been given a conditional offer to study English Literature and Creative Writing as a Joint Honors at York St John. I'm just worried that, as I'll be 24 when I go to university, I'll be seen as too old to live in halls.

I'm always up for a laugh and a good night out, but I'm worried that I might not fit in somehow, or that the age difference might be seen as weird?

I really want to live in student accommodation so that I can fully experience university life. I'm just afraid I might stand out like a sore thumb or something.
    No of course not if I were you I would see if your uni has mature or second year halls ( I know my uni did) there usually a little quieter but you still get all the fun freshers stuff like the BIG night out and stuff

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.