Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I've applied to Geology Bsc at Imperial and was invited to a Skype interview. I received the email last Friday and was asked to do it yesterday (quite a short notice). My grades aren't particularly good (predicted As for geography, biology, B for chemistry and I have an IELTS of 8.5 overall) so I initially put Imperial as my high risk choice, and didn't really expect to get accepted in the end. However the interview got my hopes up >< so I'm now asking the chances of receiving an offer after being interviewed. Does being interviewed means that they are considering giving out an offer? Or do they interview everyone that meets the minimum requirements? What is the percentage of applicants receiving an offer after being interviewed?

Just an extra thing, I was told to wait for the results, which according to the professor would be out in a week. Is that a good or a bad sign? Or do they tell that to everyone??

PS I'm an international student from Hong Kong so I think they'll only look at my three elective grades - plus my actual predicted grades weren't disclosed to me by my school so it might be inaccurate.

Thank you so much!!!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    Thanks for helping me bump the thread XD (even though no one has answered me lol)
    Anyway I've just received an email from Imperial on Tuesday - turns out they've given me an offer! Yay! XD
    That was nearly three weeks after my interview - shows how bad they are at keeping their deadlines since I was told that I'd receive a reply in a week
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by AnonWolf1022)
    Thanks for helping me bump the thread XD (even though no one has answered me lol)
    Anyway I've just received an email from Imperial on Tuesday - turns out they've given me an offer! Yay! XD
    That was nearly three weeks after my interview - shows how bad they are at keeping their deadlines since I was told that I'd receive a reply in a week
    Yay! :yay: Congratulations :woo: That's great news

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.