Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there guys, so I have an interview with plymouth uni for the PGCE Secondary Music course next week and I’m struggling to think of a good presentation. In my interview I have to give a 5 minute presentation with a musical outcome ( a lesson plan basically). I was thinking of aiming it at year 7 and 8’s and doing an exercise based on the phonetics of words and how to read them on a stave. So taking words like tomato, articulating the rhythm, then showing what it looks like in notation form and then what it looks like on a stave. The next challenge I would set after this is transferring the rhythm into a melody line using eight words I’ve chose for them. This is the basis of my idea. Any advice is welcomed so please be honest if you think there is a better idea I could do! Cheers
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.