Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC Overall Grade and UCAS Points Calculator watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I have no idea if there's already something like this already on the forums, etc. but I created this a few years ago - and I know I never shared it - so here we go, this is a really basic calculator for working out your UCAS points, it includes the pre-2017 UCAS points as well - just in case anyone needs those.

If anyone finds any issues with it - let me know!

Home page: http://bteccalculator.ultimategge.co.uk/

It takes the information for each of your grades from each Unit - and then turns that into your overall grade - you can also use it to calculate what you think you can achieve and work out a rough target grade.

Hope it helps y'all ;o)

Angus
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ang1243)
    Hey everyone,

I have no idea if there's already something like this already on the forums, etc. but I created this a few years ago - and I know I never shared it - so here we go, this is a really basic calculator for working out your UCAS points, it includes the pre-2017 UCAS points as well - just in case anyone needs those.

If anyone finds any issues with it - let me know!

Home page: http://bteccalculator.ultimategge.co.uk/

It takes the information for each of your grades from each Unit - and then turns that into your overall grade - you can also use it to calculate what you think you can achieve and work out a rough target grade.

Hope it helps y'all ;o)

Angus
    Very good Angus

Is there a button on where you can auto fill with all one grade rather than having to put in every entry?

I assume the bands have been checked with Pearson and are accurate. I will use the link in future. It will save me time when advising others thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Very good Angus

Is there a button on where you can auto fill with all one grade rather than having to put in every entry?
    Hey there,

I haven't added a button to autofill all of the same grade as of yet - but I agree that would be really handy - I'll look into changing that.

I assume the bands have been checked with Pearson and are accurate. I will use the link in future. It will save me time when advising others thanks.
    To be honest, I have only done basic research into checking it across courses - however everyone that has used it so far has come up with the correct results - so I wouldn't use it for anything official - but I'd be happy recommending it to anyone who just wants to work out what their grade should be.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Hey there,

I haven't added a button to autofill all of the same grade as of yet - but I agree that would be really handy - I'll look into changing that.

To be honest, I have only done basic research into checking it across courses - however everyone that has used it so far has come up with the correct results - so I wouldn't use it for anything official - but I'd be happy recommending it to anyone who just wants to work out what their grade should be.
    It needs to be checked v the Pearson boundaries otherwise its not reliable.
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ding-notes.pdf

ReputationRep:
    It needs to be checked v the Pearson boundaries otherwise its not reliable.
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ding-notes.pdf
    Apologies - I thought you meant check it with Pearson - i.e. contact them and get them to check it - yes, all of the data fed into the calculations is taken from a pearson document like that for level 3 certificates - so yes, it has been checked in comparison to the boundaries provided by Pearson
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Apologies - I thought you meant check it with Pearson - i.e. contact them and get them to check it - yes, all of the data fed into the calculations is taken from a pearson document like that for level 3 certificates - so yes, it has been checked in comparison to the boundaries provided by Pearson
    Ahh thats fine then. It would be helpful if students had part of a lesson on how the calculation works at the start of the curse and then they could jeep track. By en large queries are mostly for BTEC Extended Diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thats fine then. It would be helpful if students had part of a lesson on how the calculation works at the start of the curse and then they could jeep track. By en large queries are mostly for BTEC Extended Diploma.
    Yh, I remember having a quick explanation on how it was all calculated - I did an Extended diploma in Business - but it really was pretty brief, and it just outlined what was in that document you linked really - lots of numbers and not much explanation

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.