Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, i have just received my formal interview letter for uni , which they are going to want too see my gcse results although were in n1992 , and the FE and HE work ive done since.
    I have moved house several times and unfortunately have lost my certificates/printouts.
    Ive read on here about contacting the school where i took the gcse's, well last year tha particular school has now closed down totally, theres no way i can find out the examining bodies ..i think i remember OCS edexcel and ACQ were definatly on the top of the stuff that i had from what i remember , i have 3 weeks untill my formal interview..
    i dont know what to do. im going to be hopefully getting onto the hnc/hnd electrical and electronic engineering. i went to an open day around month ago, and they said to bring in any supporting documentation, or work portfoloio. I have also been into the uni where i did my first year in hnd computer proramming, and they only hold records now for 2 years max, i need 2002/2003..i did really well through first year reciveing distinctions and merits. This is same ni ill hopefully be studying at this time, but they cant give me any info on what i acheived before,
    whats my options, will it be a flat no because of this...
    i have found my old record of acheivment and my old accdetance letter for hnd, but thats it, i will also take in some electronic projects i have done at home and, show them the courses i do at home to keep upto date on kahn academy and code academy....will this help some...or am i really stuffed and need these certs?

thank you for reading and hope some one can put mind at ease , if someone has ad similar issues and what hapenned to them.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by scottl_2018)
    Hi all, i have just received my formal interview letter for uni , which they are going to want too see my gcse results although were in n1992 , and the FE and HE work ive done since.
    I have moved house several times and unfortunately have lost my certificates/printouts.
    Ive read on here about contacting the school where i took the gcse's, well last year tha particular school has now closed down totally, theres no way i can find out the examining bodies ..i think i remember OCS edexcel and ACQ were definatly on the top of the stuff that i had from what i remember , i have 3 weeks untill my formal interview..
    i dont know what to do. im going to be hopefully getting onto the hnc/hnd electrical and electronic engineering. i went to an open day around month ago, and they said to bring in any supporting documentation, or work portfoloio. I have also been into the uni where i did my first year in hnd computer proramming, and they only hold records now for 2 years max, i need 2002/2003..i did really well through first year reciveing distinctions and merits. This is same ni ill hopefully be studying at this time, but they cant give me any info on what i acheived before,
    whats my options, will it be a flat no because of this...
    i have found my old record of acheivment and my old accdetance letter for hnd, but thats it, i will also take in some electronic projects i have done at home and, show them the courses i do at home to keep upto date on kahn academy and code academy....will this help some...or am i really stuffed and need these certs?

thank you for reading and hope some one can put mind at ease , if someone has ad similar issues and what hapenned to them.
    Short term - try arranging access to this https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Record_v2.pdf (this should get you access to some or all of your results including the exam boards)
    and explain to your university the problem that you have. It shouldn't be a flat no but you are going to have to produce your certificates or copies eventually

Universities should have historic records of awards made. Even if they can't access your student record they should be able to access the exam board records for that year and/or be able to reissue a certificate and transcript. Make sure you speak to the student records or graduation team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Short term - try arranging access to this https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Record_v2.pdf (this should get you access to some or all of your results including the exam boards)
    and explain to your university the problem that you have. It shouldn't be a flat no but you are going to have to produce your certificates or copies eventually

Universities should have historic records of awards made. Even if they can't access your student record they should be able to access the exam board records for that year and/or be able to reissue a certificate and transcript. Make sure you speak to the student records or graduation team.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi unfortunately the plr is only certs gained after 2006..so was a no go there...luckily i found my maths gcse cert at home and my first year hnd i previously did which showed distinctions... with these and having to complete a maths a entry test which i got 70%on i now have a place on hnc elecrectronic engineering course starting this sept 2018...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by scottl_2018)
    Hi unfortunately the plr is only certs gained after 2006..so was a no go there...luckily i found my maths gcse cert at home and my first year hnd i previously did which showed distinctions... with these and having to complete a maths a entry test which i got 70%on i now have a place on hnc elecrectronic engineering course starting this sept 2018...
    Congratulations on sticking it out

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.