Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University of Leicester vs University of Strathclyde watch

Hi guys,

I am an international student and have been offered places to enroll in these universities' MSc. Finance. Now, I have researched much about each city and I have to say that, since I'm only going to be there for a year, it is not a big deal for me.

So, Leicester is better ranked in every rank, including THE, QS and The Complete University guide, although I do believe that those ranks don't say a lot.

Strathclyde, on the other hand, looks amazing and seems to also be a well respected university.

So, I terms of reputation and teaching/research quality, is any of them fine or does one of them stand out?

PS: if I receive an offer from York, should I definitely take it or is it on par with them?

For Finance I suggest you look at LBS, LSE, Imperial, Warwick, CASS, KCL, Bath, St. Andrews, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter, Henley as they are much more prestigious in this field and overall.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.