Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've been with my girlfriend officially for just over a month now and I am very worried since I already have doubts.
    In December I had a short term fling with an older girl who was literally the woman of my dreams. Unfortunately it turned out that she was only interested in sex and a relationship was out of the question. I fell hard for her and was devastated when I realised that it would never be. I still have feelings for her and would give almost anything to be with her.
    The real problem is that I don't fancy my girlfriend enough. As shallow as that sounds I do need to feel strongly attracted to someone to develop feelings. It was her personality and our chemistry together that made me decide to ask her out. She is way more into me than I am into her and she recently told me that she's falling hard for me.
    Another issue is that there is another girl who I have really liked for 6 months now who I see almost every day. I've tried ignoring how I feel about her and I feel sick when I think about how I like her so much but have no chance with her.

Long story but if anyone has any advice for me, I'd be really grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbownightlock)
    So I've been with my girlfriend officially for just over a month now and I am very worried since I already have doubts.
    In December I had a short term fling with an older girl who was literally the woman of my dreams. Unfortunately it turned out that she was only interested in sex and a relationship was out of the question. I fell hard for her and was devastated when I realised that it would never be. I still have feelings for her and would give almost anything to be with her.
    The real problem is that I don't fancy my girlfriend enough. As shallow as that sounds I do need to feel strongly attracted to someone to develop feelings. It was her personality and our chemistry together that made me decide to ask her out. She is way more into me than I am into her and she recently told me that she's falling hard for me.
    Another issue is that there is another girl who I have really liked for 6 months now who I see almost every day. I've tried ignoring how I feel about her and I feel sick when I think about how I like her so much but have no chance with her.

Long story but if anyone has any advice for me, I'd be really grateful.
    Confused what you're asking advice for. The girl that you originally went out with? The girlfriend that you're currently going out with? or the new one you have a crush on now?

For the first one, those types are self destructive. They're the types that just go on for thrills and end up being left behind as the available serious types disappear as couples form. I recommend moving on from that person, as they'll come back to nab at you once they realise that.

The other two, I'm afraid I'm not really sure what you should do. IF you genuinely don't feel for your current one, break it down slowly, and end it. Its more cruel to tease someone on for ages and mess with them, than finish it early.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.