Turn on thread page Beta

PLEASE HELP! Tesco Job Application status said "Offered" now "Hired" but no contact. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Last Monday on 19th February I had an Interview for a Customer Assistant Role at Tesco and was told that I would hear back somewhere between 5-7 days. Normally that's fine I would just wait for a call back but I looked at my job application status online a few days ago and it was changed to "Offered" and now I checked again yesterday and it now says "Hired". This is all well and good but problem is I've had not contact what so ever since the interview actually offering me a job, so I'm just hoping that this is normal procedure and a mistake has not been made, it's been 8 days since my interview I tried calling back the manager who contacted me for the interview but had no answer, I'll admit I'm getting concerned now that they have made a big error. I just want to know if anyone who has been employed by Tesco recently had the same thing because I really don't know what to think at the minute. Just need some clarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronWorks)
    Hi, Last Monday on 19th February I had an Interview for a Customer Assistant Role at Tesco and was told that I would hear back somewhere between 5-7 days. Normally that's fine I would just wait for a call back but I looked at my job application status online a few days ago and it was changed to "Offered" and now I checked again yesterday and it now says "Hired". This is all well and good but problem is I've had not contact what so ever since the interview actually offering me a job, so I'm just hoping that this is normal procedure and a mistake has not been made, it's been 8 days since my interview I tried calling back the manager who contacted me for the interview but had no answer, I'll admit I'm getting concerned now that they have made a big error. I just want to know if anyone who has been employed by Tesco recently had the same thing because I really don't know what to think at the minute. Just need some clarity.
    Hi Ironworks
    Doesn't look good, often, the big employers will not get in touch to say thank, but no. They'll just ignore candidates and only talk to those they're offering work to. Terrible practice!
    What you might try is to leave a message for the manager asking for feedback.
    A) It send a positive message
    B) It's useful to know
    C) you'll know for sure.
    Sorry I couldn't bring any great news - keep trying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)
    Hi Ironworks
    Doesn't look good, often, the big employers will not get in touch to say thank, but no. They'll just ignore candidates and only talk to those they're offering work to. Terrible practice!
    What you might try is to leave a message for the manager asking for feedback.
    A) It send a positive message
    B) It's useful to know
    C) you'll know for sure.
    Sorry I couldn't bring any great news - keep trying!
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah I would say normally that's not a good sign but thing my application status online for that role says I have been "Hired" it's just that I'm wondering if that's the case why have I not been contacted? Quite baffling in all honesty. I emailed the resource team about this earlier today and just got a reply saying they've forward it to the store I applied for and will contact me shortly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronWorks)
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah I would say normally that's not a good sign but thing my application status online for that role says I have been "Hired" it's just that I'm wondering if that's the case why have I not been contacted? Quite baffling in all honesty. I emailed the resource team about this earlier today and just got a reply saying they've forward it to the store I applied for and will contact me shortly.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Much appreciated . Does anyone else know or expierienced this by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    When i applied for the part time job i had at uni, ASDA, the people in my interview group were offered or declined positions on the spot. We had a group stage then a few 1 on 1 questions and at the end of the questions the hiring manager offered me a position and that was that. No we'll get back to you or keeping people waiting, much better process in my opinion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.