Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why Liberal Snowflakes Hypocrites watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpursMan)
    All this is irrelevant because the thread is about snowflakes, not me. Now, can we all join in on our condemnation of these people who attempt to ruin our culture
    Ok on it. J'accuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpursMan)
    All this is irrelevant because the thread is about snowflakes, not me. Now, can we all join in on our condemnation of these people who attempt to ruin our culture
    I mean i do have a problem with people being unjustifiably outraged on other peoples behalf's, however if someone puts forward a logical argument for their outrage I'll listen. Most of the time although the outrage annoys me a little I have no opinion on the fact or in more cases although I think its ridiculous and I wouldn't be outraged by it I understand where the outraged person is coming from. But if they want to be offended let them be it doesn't directly affect my life how they feel.

And if we're "condemning" "snowflakes" i feel as though we should also condemn the opposite end of the spectrum. Those who think that everyone should just take everything on the chin, that don't have the ability to consider the other side of the argument and who often have views instilled in them by their older generations and have an unwavering faith in them with not even a slim chance to challenge their own views (i.e. you). Those people are ruining this country as much as the "snowflakes" both are as bad as the other.

And for my background information before you make judgements about you. I come from a working class background, have divorced parents, a dad who worked in manual labor with strongly conservative views, a self employed mum (childcare) who earned less than the minimum wage while providing for 3 children, went to the worst performing school in the, very monochromatic, area (recently learned its not been up to code since the 80's), then went to a mid tier university where i achieved a 1st in analytical sciences and now i live in London working for a Scientific Services. For political alignment id put myself center-left.

ReputationRep:
    I think we can all agree this virtue signalling future has gone too far.... It's just constant at this point Being told what you can and can't do, can and can't say... Why can't people just get on with life?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.