Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I am not good enough for uni. I feel like everyone around me knows what they're doing but me. I sit in lectures and seminars feeling like I am the underachiever. I am a first year studying Business Management and I got 58.75% in my First Semester whilst my peers are getting 70-80%. I want to leave University with a 2.1 but I feel like the chances of that happening are slipping away. I know first year doesn't count towards my final grade but it's giving me an idea of where I am currently at. Maybe I'm being dramatic but I am the first person in my family to be attending University so it means a lot to me to do well and make them proud

Does anyone else feel this way?
    any advice or success stories?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It is common for many to raise their grades in later years. As it is first year, you are still adjusting to a uni style study and getting into the routine. In second year, you will be more used to how assessments are marked, what kind of thing examiners are looking for and how to organise yourself effectively and embrace the course material. When I started first year, I was looking at 2:2 and low 2:1. In second year, I raised my grades to a high 2:1 and firsts. Third year was a little difficult, but I just missed out on a first! I wouldn't be too disheartened at your current grades - just learn from your mistakes and try to improve your future work. You still have a long way to go in your degree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    It is common for many to raise their grades in later years. As it is first year, you are still adjusting to a uni style study and getting into the routine. In second year, you will be more used to how assessments are marked, what kind of thing examiners are looking for and how to organise yourself effectively and embrace the course material. When I started first year, I was looking at 2:2 and low 2:1. In second year, I raised my grades to a high 2:1 and firsts. Third year was a little difficult, but I just missed out on a first! I wouldn't be too disheartened at your current grades - just learn from your mistakes and try to improve your future work. You still have a long way to go in your degree!
    Thank you so much for your response, that's made me feel a little better and hopeful

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.