Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm pretty set on getting a nose job now. I just have a few questions-
    1- Do they stitch you up while you're still unconscious?
    2- Do they use dissolvable stitches? If not, can I ask for them?
    3- Does having dissolvable stitches mean that they literally just 100% disappear after a while?
    4- What can I do to prevent the possibility of anaesthesia awareness? (What questions to ask etc)
    5- Although I have never drunk a lot, I have never been drunk, and coffee/energy drinks do not affect me. Does this suggest that I could perhaps be less sensitive to such things and may need more to go fully under during surgery? (This is my first surgery so I have no idea) Is this a silly thing to let my surgeon know about? (I am terrified of anaesthesia awareness and need to completely eradicate the possibility)

Hiya, I have had a rhinoplasty myself. Where are you getting it done? I will try to answer your questions.
    1 ) Yes they stitch you up while you are unconscious.
    2 ) No I don’t think they use dissolvable stitches.
    3 ) Yes they may but I’ve never heard of anyone having a nose job that has had dissolvable stitches.
    4 ) You probably won’t get anaesthesia awareness as it is very rare and if you are going to a professional surgeon it is unlikely it will occur.
    5 ) I’m pretty similar and when I was under anaesthetic I never woke up during surgery and never even thought about it at the time, just tell your anaesthetist how you feel and they can reassure you.
    Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hiya, I have had a rhinoplasty myself. Where are you getting it done? I will try to answer your questions.
    1 ) Yes they stitch you up while you are unconscious.
    2 ) No I don’t think they use dissolvable stitches.
    3 ) Yes they may but I’ve never heard of anyone having a nose job that has had dissolvable stitches.
    4 ) You probably won’t get anaesthesia awareness as it is very rare and if you are going to a professional surgeon it is unlikely it will occur.
    5 ) I’m pretty similar and when I was under anaesthetic I never woke up during surgery and never even thought about it at the time, just tell your anaesthetist how you feel and they can reassure you.
    Good luck
    I don't know yet, I'm still only 17 and have never had a paid job before in my life so... It's probably gonna be a good few years til I can have one.
    I've heard from some people that they used dissolveable ones on them, some say regular ones, and some say both. I'm really starting to get confused and just need one true answer...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know yet, I'm still only 17 and have never had a paid job before in my life so... It's probably gonna be a good few years til I can have one.
    I've heard from some people that they used dissolveable ones on them, some say regular ones, and some say both. I'm really starting to get confused and just need one true answer...
    If you are certain to getting it done I recommend dr sultan hassan (elite surgical) they are based in Birmingham and they do great rhinoplasties. I’m not trying to force you to getting it done but I would research him and look on his Instagram as he has great results.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.