Anyone do the Level 2 Functional skills exam today?

Watch
Partyrings
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I did my exam today after failing GCSE Maths sooo many times and I'm wondering did any of you do it today?
How did you find it??

I personally found some of the questions difficult despite revising loads and doing past papers and revising from the book!

Also if anyone has done GCSE and functional skills.. do you find it easier than GCSE?
JourneyofSTNurse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sat this with AQA and found it reasonably difficult I need to pass this to stay in my uni
Partyrings
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlyjodie_)
I sat this with AQA and found it reasonably difficult I need to pass this to stay in my uni
Yep me too! I was surprised about how difficult it was. I've been doing past papers independently and didn't find them as difficult as todays.
JourneyofSTNurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you think you've done?
Partyrings
Rep:
?
How do you think you've done?
Not well at all. I'm going to be checking out the paper again with my tutor to figure out where I've gone wrong. I'm certain I've failed 😢
JourneyofSTNurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Partyrings)
Not well at all. I'm going to be checking out the paper again with my tutor to figure out where I've gone wrong. I'm certain I've failed 😢
Don't stress it! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower if everyone struggled!! I bet you've passed
Partyrings
Rep:
?
Don't stress it! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower if everyone struggled!! I bet you've passed
Yes thats true! Hope you're right 😁
JourneyofSTNurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Partyrings)
Yes thats true! Hope you're right 😁
deffo! let me know how you get on feels like forever
jesh40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi all, i've got my exam this month, are there any book or test practice paper which i can purchase?

cheers
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jesh40)
hi all, i've got my exam this month, are there any book or test practice paper which i can purchase?

cheers
CGP do revision and practice workbooks that cover the maths you will need to do. You may find them in a local book shop or can get them from Amazon or any other online bookshop. Depending on how good your basics are, it may be necessary to get the level 1 and level 2 books. The CGP books are not specific to any particular examiner. If you are doing EDEXCEL functional skills exams it would be worth getting their books for level 1 and 2 as they feature similar questions to the real exams.
You shouldn't have to pay for practice papers. Most of the examiners make past papers available for free on their web sites. If you are doing City & Guilds exams they have several free practice papers on their web site.
JourneyofSTNurse
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jesh40)

cheers

I sat this with AQA, I used their functional skills book and passed after failing gcse maths 8 times good luck
jesh40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i've got my city and guild functional skills maths level 2 in a weeks time, I'm very frustrated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (120)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.35%
Isolating with family (51)
6.62%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.9%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.57%
Loneliness (81)
10.52%
Financial worries (32)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.48%

Watched Threads