Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone do the Level 2 Functional skills exam today? watch

ReputationRep:
    I did my exam today after failing GCSE Maths sooo many times and I'm wondering did any of you do it today?
    How did you find it??

I personally found some of the questions difficult despite revising loads and doing past papers and revising from the book!

Also if anyone has done GCSE and functional skills.. do you find it easier than GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    I sat this with AQA and found it reasonably difficult I need to pass this to stay in my uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlyjodie_)
    I sat this with AQA and found it reasonably difficult I need to pass this to stay in my uni
    Yep me too! I was surprised about how difficult it was. I've been doing past papers independently and didn't find them as difficult as todays.

ReputationRep:
    How do you think you've done?

ReputationRep:
    How do you think you've done?
    Not well at all. I'm going to be checking out the paper again with my tutor to figure out where I've gone wrong. I'm certain I've failed 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Partyrings)
    Not well at all. I'm going to be checking out the paper again with my tutor to figure out where I've gone wrong. I'm certain I've failed 😢
    Don't stress it! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower if everyone struggled!! I bet you've passed

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress it! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower if everyone struggled!! I bet you've passed
    Yes thats true! Hope you're right 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Partyrings)
    Yes thats true! Hope you're right 😁
    deffo! let me know how you get on feels like forever

ReputationRep:
    hi all, i've got my exam this month, are there any book or test practice paper which i can purchase?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesh40)
    hi all, i've got my exam this month, are there any book or test practice paper which i can purchase?

cheers
    CGP do revision and practice workbooks that cover the maths you will need to do. You may find them in a local book shop or can get them from Amazon or any other online bookshop. Depending on how good your basics are, it may be necessary to get the level 1 and level 2 books. The CGP books are not specific to any particular examiner. If you are doing EDEXCEL functional skills exams it would be worth getting their books for level 1 and 2 as they feature similar questions to the real exams.
    You shouldn't have to pay for practice papers. Most of the examiners make past papers available for free on their web sites. If you are doing City & Guilds exams they have several free practice papers on their web site.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesh40)

cheers

I sat this with AQA, I used their functional skills book and passed after failing gcse maths 8 times good luck

ReputationRep:
    i've got my city and guild functional skills maths level 2 in a weeks time, I'm very frustrated

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.